Albums that I miss

...when my oldest son was 2 he did stuff that 2-year-olds do, in messing around with stuff, and completely blew out my stereo. I have not been able to replace that thing since then and have, therefore, not been able to listen to any of my vinyl.

There's a lot of stuff that I replaced, but even more that I need to re-buy on CD that I miss quite a bit.

Do y'all have any stuff that you need to replace for a similar reason?

What?

Me (off the top of my head):

The Amps - Pacer

Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground

Velvet Underground - Loaded

Apples In Stereo - Tone Soul Evolution

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

John Coltrane - Blue Train

Sun Ra - Sun Song

Sun Ra - Sound Of Joy

Guided By Voices - Tigermilk (EP)

Liz Phair - Whipsmart

The Sea and Cake - The Sea and Cake

The Sea and Cake - The Biz

The Sea and Cake - Nassau

Palace - Viva Last Blues

Shellac - At Action Park

Rapeman -Two Nuns and a Pack Mule

Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand

Tom Waits - Bone Machine

The Pretenders - The Pretenders

The Pretenders - Learning to Crawl

The Move - Fire Brigade (best of)

The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies

The Beatles - The White Album

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

and so many more that I'm sure that I'll think of later.

It's hard to bring myself to pull the trigger, because I feel like I already own it, you know what I mean? (Although I did finally replace my NMH albums, because I just could not stand not having them to listen to anymore.)

That sucks.

I lost my iPod in the London Gatwick airport. I had complete discogarphies including B-sides of My Bloody Valentine, Wilco, Flaming Lips, Beatles. Not backed up anywhere. Still haven't gotten all of those tracks back. Oh, and I had Loose Fur BAITUSA on there. Bought that yesterday.

I miss a lot of it, but it was nice in a way. It cleared out a lot of things that I would always turn to and forced me to go out and hunt for new music.

My ipod was stolen from my car because like an idiot I forgot to take it out of the car and it was partially exposed in view. Not to mention replacing the ipod I also had to replace my window that was smashed. $600 later I learned my lesson and bought a new ipod and a external hard drive so I never will lose my music collection again (Hopefully). I ended up being able to recover most of my missing songs so in the end it all worked out but I know that even for the few days without the ipod I was fearing what might not be able to replace.

I really need to upgrade my SRC album "Milestones" to CD. A great piece of psych-garage pop.

That sucks.

I lost my iPod in the London Gatwick airport. I had complete discogarphies including B-sides of My Bloody Valentine, Wilco, Flaming Lips, Beatles. Not backed up anywhere. Still haven't gotten all of those tracks back. Oh, and I had Loose Fur BAITUSA on there. Bought that yesterday.

I miss a lot of it, but it was nice in a way. It cleared out a lot of things that I would always turn to and forced me to go out and hunt for new music.

I don't get it - you didn't have all your songs stored in iTunes on a computer somewhere? How did you have songs stored on an iPod only?

Me (off the top of my head):

The Amps - Pacer

Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground

Velvet Underground - Loaded

Apples In Stereo - Tone Soul Evolution

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

John Coltrane - Blue Train

Sun Ra - Sun Song

Sun Ra - Sound Of Joy

Guided By Voices - Tigermilk (EP)

Liz Phair - Whipsmart

The Sea and Cake - The Sea and Cake

The Sea and Cake - The Biz

The Sea and Cake - Nassau

Palace - Viva Last Blues

Shellac - At Action Park

Rapeman -Two Nuns and a Pack Mule

Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand

Tom Waits - Bone Machine

The Pretenders - The Pretenders

The Pretenders - Learning to Crawl

The Move - Fire Brigade (best of)

The Kinks - Muswell Hillbillies

The Beatles - The White Album

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

Check Laurie's....they have many of these used and the rest they can order for you new....

LouieB

Check Laurie's....they have many of these used and the rest they can order for you new....

LouieB

It's hard to bring myself to pull the trigger, because I feel like I already own it, you know what I mean? (Although I did finally replace my NMH albums, because I just could not stand not having them to listen to anymore.)

But yeah every time I go into a record store, I think about picking one of the ones up that are on that list, and usually wind up not, because of the above. But I'm sure that I will at some point.

I really need to upgrade my SRC album "Milestones" to CD. A great piece of psych-garage pop.

Todd - seriously - pick up this record if you get the chance man. You can trust me. :shifty

SRC? What's this? Sounds like something I might enjoy.

Yep.

Is SRC the name that the band went by, or just an obscure acronym for a better-known band?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found the AllMusic review here.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came upon another one.

I don't think that I miss the entire album, so much as a couple of really exceptional tracks that were on it. Still, I wanna hear it again:

f14250v60jy.jpg

On their impressive debut Road to Freedom' date=' the fiercely political Young Disciples offer muscular funk garnished with jazz, hip-hop and R&B flourishes. The majority of vocals are handled by Carleen Anderson, whose low, smoky voice at times brings to mind the likes of Chaka Khan, Anita Baker and Oleta Adams. The production is clever and unpredictable; gospel organs open "Get Yourself Together" and then fade into the oncoming beats, while airy guitars introduce "Talkin' What I Feel" before pulling a similar about-face when confronted with some surging hip-hop rhythms.[/quote']