Of Montreal's new reocrd

I don't know really theres some cool moments but its reeally al over the place I mean smile has nothing on this clunk of sound, Im gonna sit with it.

I really liked Hissing Fauna , I didn't expect the same thing but I expected some songs.

Didn't grab me initially the way the last one did. Once it sunk in though it's been on HEAVY rotation for me. Listen at least once a day.

I agree with this. At first I was a bit put off by the schizophrenic nature of the music but after listening to it a bit more I've found that almost every change is packed with hooks and melodies that get stuck in my head. I think it's a damn good record and I can't stop listening to it

I haven't listened to this new record, but listened to all the previous ones, and only liked The Sunlandic Twins so far. Hissing Fauna was already too much all over the place to me. If you look for hooks, The Sunlandic Twins is the real gem, imo.

I haven't listened to this new record, but listened to all the previous ones, and only liked The Sunlandic Twins so far. Hissing Fauna was already too much all over the place to me. If you look for hooks, The Sunlandic Twins is the real gem, imo.

have you heard their pre-Sunlandic records? i know they've gained a ton of fans since that one, but i think some of their best stuff is still pre-Sunlandic. Satanic Panic & The Gay Parade especially.

I would say that the new one is not his best since he switched from twee-pop to whatever it is he's doing now (post-satanic era). I just can't make it through the whole record...

yeah... i think that's the issue for me too. sure there's been killer songs on Sunlandic & Hissing Fauna, and to a lesser extent this new one, but on the whole it's just too much of a chore to sit through an entire OM record as of late.

just like any record worth it's weight, you gotta give it some time.

i like it.

my favorite parts seem to be the shortest bits, or parts where it's just his voice and acoustic instruments.

i like that first part of track 12 though - wish that was made into a full song.

even the schizophrenic nature doesn't bother me, but where oh where have all the hooks gone man??

they are in the first 4 songs, but that's about it.

i do have to admit that Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? is a damn near perfect record.

-justin

You should listen to the last track.

even the schizophrenic nature doesn't bother me, but where oh where have all the hooks gone man??

they are in the first 4 songs, but that's about it.

i do have to admit that Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? is a damn near perfect record.

-justin

I have to say I'm confused by this. I feel like if anything this album is lacking content outside of hooks. Its like Kevin Barnes had all of these chorus' and instead of pushing them into real songs, he shoved them all together and made a whole album of hooks.

have you heard their pre-Sunlandic records? i know they've gained a ton of fans since that one, but i think some of their best stuff is still pre-Sunlandic. Satanic Panic & The Gay Parade especially.

Yes, and I like them less. I prefer The Sunlandic Twins, and Hissing Fauna.

Yes, and I like them less. I prefer The Sunlandic Twins, and Hissing Fauna.

I agree, his more recent work is far superior to his twee work in my opinion. The old stuff is great but this his newer records are for more entertaining. It may be unfair to compare the his old records vs. his new ones, but the newer records have a far more mature sound to them. His lyrics are just a cringe inducing sometimes, but at least he's not talking about rainows and other crap like that.