Jeff Tweedy in Ann Arbor on Jan 30

I just got the folk festival line-up in the mail today and Jeff is headlining on Friday January 30. It's at Hill Auditorium. Also playing are Old Crow Medicine Show. The rest of the acts (usually 6 - 8) haven't been announced yet. Should be fun!

Oh to be in Ann Arbor on 30 January.

I expect it'll be really fucking cold here. :hmm

No problem. My mom's family is from the Flint area and my wife and I always go to see some snow each winter. :thumbup

Hill isn't too bad, but it's huge -- and seats for this festival sell pretty fast. Here are some photos.

I'm not sure I've been to Hill since it was renovated.

Here is some more information on the festival. Unless you're a member/patron/sponsor of The Ark, it may be difficult to get prime seats for the shows.

Here is some more information on the festival. Unless you're a member/patron/sponsor of The Ark, it may be difficult to get prime seats for the shows.

I love the Ark. The staff was so friendly, and it was a great space for a show. I was a member for the summer, mostly because I had to join to be able to buy alcohol at the show I went to, but I was glad to make a donation.

I've also wondered if Jeff might do a run of solo shows around this time.

I love the Ark. The staff was so friendly, and it was a great space for a show. I was a member for the summer, mostly because I had to join to be able to buy alcohol at the show I went to, but I was glad to make a donation.

I've also wondered if Jeff might do a run of solo shows around this time.

I like the Ark too. I think I saw Dan Bern and Patty Griffin there.

This show is a fundraiser for The Ark, which is why the members get early ticket priority. For members they are going on sale on Friday the 31st. For the general public they go on sale on December 1. You can become a member for $50.

I've never been to the Folk Festival but it gets rave reviews each year. It's two nights -- Jeff headlines the first night, which they call the night for the "up and comers" and the second night is more traditional. Saturday's headliner is Kris Kristofferson and also features Pete Seeger. If you buy the 2-night ticket you supposedly get better seats.

Hill Auditorium is great -- it was built as a venue for classical music and has wonderful accoustics. I prefer sitting closer to the front but I know people who always sit in the second balcony because the sound is allegedly the best there. I think there are about 4,500 seats in total.

• 3 weeks later...