Any opening act for Baltimore or Rochester?

My apologies for perpetuating a false rumor - sometime between 4PM and 8PM the above number changed the recording and there is NO mention of an opener at all. Looks like Kliph got through after all....

So, in an attempt at atonement, here are some more viciously false rumors for openers that almost no one will get:

The Skycoasters!!!!!!

Bahama Mama reunion!!!!!!

Chesterfield Kings!!!!!

What amazes me, though, is you can go up to anyone who works there, ask about the most obscure title, and they'll casually walk over to some stack of boxes, throw a couple around, and viola!

The place def looks like a tornado's gone through, though.

You guys are cracking me up with yer referneces. Skycoasters would s-u-c-k because they do, Bahama Mama would be funny but cool and the Chesterfield Kings would simply rock! (forgive me if I've offended any Skycoasters fans, however I doubt there are any on this board) I used to go see Immaculate Mary at the Playpen. For those not in the know.....they are Rochester's answer to the band in Heavy Metal Drummer. Their lead now does an acoustic alt country thang.

..and as far as the HOG goes, it was Mecca when I was a kid who lived across town from it. Now I live down the street from it, my kid plays t-ball with Bruce's and when I stop in there, Armand and I will have a chat. The only time I ever went to a meet and great was there and it was with The Replacements and I cannot believe it is 3 months short of 20yrs ago.

thanks for giving me old home day on the board. Can't wait until Saturday!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha... yeah and up until a couple years ago you could have had the Chesterfield Kings themselves dig up the records for you! I miss seeing Greg down there. I used to drive 2 hours to come to the HOG and seeing "that freaky skinny dude with the 80's hair" was just part of the experience. They still have a huge stock of Immaculate Mary T-shirts (there's another one even fewer people will get).

From Wikipedia:

As of 2006, the Chesterfield Kings are engaged in a lawsuit with Armand Schaubroeck, owner of House of Guitars, over nonpayment of royalties records released on Mirror Records from 1984 through 1997. Andy Babiuk and Greg Prevost are longtime employees at the House of Guitars. In the suit, they are represented by lawyer Paul Nunes, who has played keyboards on several of their albums.

True.

If I ever make it back up that way (I'm in NC now) I'll carve out an afternoon to spend there at the HoG. I don't remember asking for help, but I'm sure they can make sense of the chaos.

Kevin

It's not the sort of place you go to to pick something up, you just kind of poke around until you find something interesting. Of course, I'm very much not a musician - if I were I'd be afraid to enter the store....

You guys are cracking me up with yer referneces. Skycoasters would s-u-c-k because they do, Bahama Mama would be funny but cool and the Chesterfield Kings would simply rock! (forgive me if I've offended any Skycoasters fans, however I doubt there are any on this board) I used to go see Immaculate Mary at the Playpen. For those not in the know.....they are Rochester's answer to the band in Heavy Metal Drummer. Their lead now does an acoustic alt country thang.

..and as far as the HOG goes, it was Mecca when I was a kid who lived across town from it. Now I live down the street from it, my kid plays t-ball with Bruce's and when I stop in there, Armand and I will have a chat. The only time I ever went to a meet and great was there and it was with The Replacements and I cannot believe it is 3 months short of 20yrs ago.

thanks for giving me old home day on the board. Can't wait until Saturday!

Irondequoit Wilco fans UNITE!!!! (I'm north of Titus between Culver and King's Highway)

I worked Bahama Mama's "farewell" concert at the Triangle back in 80. I don't think any of the bands they went on to are even still around. But I agree - a reunion would be funny but cool.

And I'm laughing my ass of over referencing Skycoasters fans on this board.

From Wikipedia:

As of 2006, the Chesterfield Kings are engaged in a lawsuit with Armand Schaubroeck, owner of House of Guitars, over nonpayment of royalties records released on Mirror Records from 1984 through 1997. Andy Babiuk and Greg Prevost are longtime employees at the House of Guitars. In the suit, they are represented by lawyer Paul Nunes, who has played keyboards on several of their albums.

It's not the sort of place you go to to pick something up, you just kind of poke around until you find something interesting. Of course, I'm very much not a musician - if I were I'd be afraid to enter the store....

Irondequoit Wilco fans UNITE!!!! (I'm north of Titus between Culver and King's Highway)

I worked Bahama Mama's "farewell" concert at the Triangle back in 80. I don't think any of the bands they went on to are even still around. But I agree - a reunion would be funny but cool.

And I'm laughing my ass of over referencing Skycoasters fans on this board.

Me..I'm off of St. Paul between the park, just south of Titus. Irondequoit hearts Wilco.

I know that Ron played in the Park Ave. Band in the '80's, but no longer (They, however, are playing again). I used to go to the Warhouse underage to see them. All the Bob Marley and Dead you could stand, which for me was alot more then than now.

If yer headed to the show, there's some people meeting at Selena's before hand.

That's a bit anti-climactic, isnt it? I was really sure that if they were waiting so long to announce it that it must be someone notable. Oh well. I can't believe the show is tomorrow night already! The past few weeks have been really busy for me, so I'm looking forward to getting a break. I'll be the one with the almost-healed sprained ankle on one crutch :lol

Almost positive my Rochester is listed as "with Special Guest", though who it is hasn't been determined yet.

Here's a guess - who was the opener for part of the August tour? She's a friend of John, out of Brooklyn. She opened at Wilmington and McCarren Pool, possibly other places.

This isn't a quiz, I honestly forgot. I think it's Jennifer O'something.

I'm married, which by definition means I'm always wrong. Gotta give myself a pat on the back for this one (even though I screwed up the name and she's a friend of Pat's, not John's. Well, she could be a friend of John's, but that's not what I meant.)

Me..I'm off of St. Paul between the park, just south of Titus. Irondequoit hearts Wilco.

I know that Ron played in the Park Ave. Band in the '80's, but no longer (They, however, are playing again). I used to go to the Warhouse underage to see them. All the Bob Marley and Dead you could stand, which for me was alot more then than now.

If yer headed to the show, there's some people meeting at Selena's before hand.

We've got about a dozen+ at the Tap and Mallet. Forgot about Selena's - could've parked for free! That or the sushi joint (though I prefer the one at Monroe and Oxford).

Trying to figger out the after party.

I wonder if it would be worth swinging by the House of Guitars Saturday afternoon. It's only about a mile from the house, and I doubt Tweedy/Cline would be able to resist the temptation. I know it won't be an official in store appearance, but who knows.

Any ideas as to what time would be best?

Dude. Thank You.

Because of this, I went to the House of Guitars. I live in New Hartford, NY(2 hours from Rochester) and I was staying at my sisters and we were seeing them Saturday night, so I told my sis that we should check out the HOG(Never been there. It's Awesome.). We went in the afternoon and I spotted Jeff checking out the guitars. I could barely get the words out of my mouth, but I asked him for a pic and he was real nice. Thanks again for the info Nostradamus! (By the way, check out the "deer in the headlights" look on my face. It was a mix of shock and joy!)

meandtweedy.jpg

Dude. Thank You.

Because of this, I went to the House of Guitars. I live in New Hartford, NY(2 hours from Rochester) and I was staying at my sisters and we were seeing them Saturday night, so I told my sis that we should check out the HOG(Never been there. It's Awesome.). We went in the afternoon and I spotted Jeff checking out the guitars. I could barely get the words out of my mouth, but I asked him for a pic and he was real nice. Thanks again for the info Nostradamus! (By the way, check out the "deer in the headlights" look on my face. It was a mix of shock and joy!)

meandtweedy.jpg

Sweet! I'm guessing JT was by himself, then? Of course the HoG is so cavernous, the whole band could have been there, crawling amid stacks of vinyl, and you'd never see them. :)

Glad you got your moment!

Kevin

Sweet! I'm guessing JT was by himself, then? Of course the HoG is so cavernous, the whole band could have been there, crawling amid stacks of vinyl, and you'd never see them. :)

Glad you got your moment!

Kevin

John was there also. Don't know if the rest were or not.

Jim