Any opening act for Baltimore or Rochester?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to work out travel, etc. any idea of it will be an evening with Wilco and no one else?

Almost positive my Rochester is listed as "with Special Guest", though who it is hasn't been determined yet.

Here's a guess - who was the opener for part of the August tour? She's a friend of John, out of Brooklyn. She opened at Wilmington and McCarren Pool, possibly other places.

This isn't a quiz, I honestly forgot. I think it's Jennifer O'something.

I purchased tickets at the Rochester venue, and the guy working there said The Flaming Lips were opening. I haven't really found anything to confirm that, but it's probably true unless he just made it up.

Why did I move from upstate New York to Florida?

I purchased tickets at the Rochester venue, and the guy working there said The Flaming Lips were opening. I haven't really found anything to confirm that, but it's probably true unless he just made it up.

for $27 ?!?! i dont see this happening ... if it does i will come back to the country earlier than expected and use the extras i am trying to get rid of

Maybe I'm a cynic here... but it always seems like Newbies come out whenever new Wilco ticket dates are announced, go on sale, etc.

I'd be willing to wager that more than one of them are scalpers or ticket resellers, however you want to look at it.

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...

My friend is going, and his tickets say "with Special Guest". I haven't seen any information about who it mihgt be. I guarantee when someone knows something, they'll post it here.

I just called the venue, and it said on the message: Wilco with special guest Flaming Lips

Interesting...

I didn't believe it myself, but it's true.

Call 585.222.5000 and press option 4. Wait a bit. It sure sounds like Flaming Lips.

Edit: Can't find it on their site, though.....

I didn't believe it myself, but it's true.

Call 585.222.5000 and press option 4. Wait a bit. It sure sounds like Flaming Lips.

Edit: Can't find it on their site, though.....

I did not believe either - but it is true. The recording at the venue says "Wilco with special guests Flaming Lips".

Nothing on the Lips message board.

Well, that's a bummer. Still, the fact that they haven't announced an opening act despite the fact that tickets say that there will be a special guest leads me to believe it's going to be somebody cool. Maybe they don't want to give scalpers the chance to make a buck? Regardless, I'm really looking forward to Saturday.

I dug up some info on this Benjy Ferree, and he seems like a pretty interesting character, considering the arc his life has taken. I trust Wilco's judgment on this choice of opener. They've never disappointed me before. Now some of you might argue that Low would be evidence to the contrary, but I happened to like 'em, even though they gave me some heavy, heavy eyelids at the Charlotte, NC show.

K

I dug up some info on this Benjy Ferree, and he seems like a pretty interesting character, considering the arc his life has taken. I trust Wilco's judgment on this choice of opener. They've never disappointed me before. Now some of you might argue that Low would be evidence to the contrary, but I happened to like 'em, even though they gave me some heavy, heavy eyelids at the Charlotte, NC show.

K

Sitting through Low was a painful, painful experience.

Sitting through Low was a painful, painful experience.

Indeed!!! I had to do it two nights in a row and was greatful that my friend and I missed them in Atlanta. We were pretty exhausted from our travels from GA to DC following teh Wilco and had general addmission for the last show. which was great, except we had to endure more Low. at least in charlotte we were able to go get a drink and wait it out in the lobby of the venue.

I enjoyed Low, possibly because I was still in the parking lot drinking beer while they were playing. From my experiences with the Retribution Gospel Choir, I think I would've enjoyed them less had I already been inside. In a slightly different setting, they'd probably be a band I'd enjoy live, and I do like some of their music, but they didn't seem to have the right energy level for a Wilco show, especially an outdoor one.