Drive By Truckers/The Hold Steady

Can't find the Drive By Truckers set list, but I'll try to post what I can remember in no specific order:

Keep On Rocking In The Free World (With Tad and Franz)

Marry Me

Two Daughters and A Beautiful Wife

3 Dimes Down

Daddy Needs a Drink

Sinkhole

A Ghost To Most

Dead Drunk And Naked

Putting People On The Moon

Zip City

Plus another 8 or so that I can't remember. They were awesome, as they always are. My only complaint is that it could have been louder. It was plenty loud, but maybe I was spoiled because the last show I saw was My Morning Jacket, who were loud as hell. DBT could've turned it up a bit, but it was a great performance. Mike and Patterson traded songs most of the night, and they looked to be having a great time. THeir original drummer drove down from Alabama to play on a song, though I didn't recognize it.

The Hold Steady closed:

Positive Jam

Ask Her For Adderall

Constructive Summer

You Gotta Dance(With Who You Came To The Dance With)

Stuck Between Stations

The Swish

Magazines

Your Little Hoodrat Friend

Navy Sheets

Chips Ahoy!

Chicago Seemed Tired Last Night

Massive Nights

Multitude Of Casualties

Hot Soft Light

Sequestered In Memphis

Joke About Jamaica

Lord, I'm Discouraged

Hornets! Hornets!

Encore:

Stay Positive

Ride On

Burning For You

Lookout Cleveland

Killer Parties

Man, I took 5 friends who have never seen them before, and they all just kept looking at each other after every song and smiling, saying "Wow, these guys fucking rock".

You gotta start it with a positive jam, and man, that song blew me away. When it kicked into the "rock" part, man I had the biggest grin on my face. I was talking to all of my friends before about how the crowd was this weird mix of older southern guys in camo and overalls and your typical indie kids (Who did not like the Truckers; whatever, their loss), so I love that that song has a part where you get to yell at "All the sniffling indie kids".

Craig is probably my favorite front man in the world. Nobody has more fun than he does. The rest of the band was loose and fun, and Tad even messed up a song. Which prompted Craig to give him shit and say "Rock and roll means well, you know...."

The encore was basically a big party, with most of the Truckers joining them for the covers, and Patterson and Craig trading vocals on Burning For You.

By the end of the night, Craig's mic was completely broken, so he had to take Tad's mic and finish off the show. "Killer Parties" is such a great way to end a night, especially with all of the Truckers/Hold Steady love on stage.

He took it all in stride, and was gracious as always at the end. The reason they are so great is that, right there. Nobody seems to love performing or seems to feel indebted to the crowd like him. He creates a connection with the fans and it's hard not to not get caught up in it and have a great time.

Such a great show, and it really salvaged an other wise awful road trip for me.

Rock and roll means well, but it can't help telling young boys lies.

Nice review bobbob. Not loud enough, huh? I don't think I have ever heard anything like that about a Truckers show. They are getting old though.

I'm pumped to see them next week. Judging by the set list, and the collaborations, should be a pretty decent little evening.

beautiful beautiful beautiful. bobbob today is my day off and on my list of things to do is listen to THS with the lyrics out so I am prepared for the SF shows. You've inspired me glad u had a great time. I'll post the DBT when the guys at nine bullets get up :stunned

from Swamp and Mrs. Swamp at nine bullets...DBT set list

1. Uncle Frank

2. putting people on the moon

3.two daughters

4. marry me

5. daddy needs a drink

6. women without whiskey

7. i'm sorry huston

8. sink hole

9. zip city

10. buttholeville, with Matt Lane on drums

11. the "new" song. Marina's got a picture of the lyrics they had taped down

near Patterson's mic stand. it didn't have a title to it.

12. 3 dimes down

13. dead drunk and naked

14. guitar man upstairs

15. lookout mt.

16. rockin in the free world, with members of the Hold Steady

we may have missed one or two as we hadn't checked all the footage

oh yeah!!

from Swamp and Mrs. Swamp at nine bullets...DBT set list

1. Uncle Frank

2. putting people on the moon

3.two daughters

4. marry me

5. daddy needs a drink

6. women without whiskey

7. i'm sorry huston

8. sink hole

9. zip city

10. buttholeville, with Matt Lane on drums

11. the "new" song. Marina's got a picture of the lyrics they had taped down

near Patterson's mic stand. it didn't have a title to it.

12. 3 dimes down

13. dead drunk and naked

14. guitar man upstairs

15. lookout mt.

16. rockin in the free world, with members of the Hold Steady

we may have missed one or two as we hadn't checked all the footage

oh yeah!!

Shit, how'd I miss "Guitar Man Upstairs"? That might've been the highlight of their set (Either that or "Zip City").

Man, nobody miss this tour.

The Truckers went on stage at about 8:20 and the Hold Steady left the stage at about 11:20, and there was only about a 15-20 minute break between the two.

thanks... i've got tickets to both shows here (first night THS closes, second night DBT), but i think i may go see the Rosebuds + Megafaun on the 2nd night

looks like a blast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...