New Springsteen Jan 27th

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let's not forget about Dead Man Walking...

Yes! Only Bruce would be brave enough to sing into a live mic for a video, instead of lip-synching to the song. Powerful stuff.

He also sang live in the Lonesome Day and Brilliant Disguise videos...

Don't mean to pile on, but I'm big fan of "Philadelphia", also. I think it's one of his best. Esp. at the time it came out and AIDS was (and perhaps still is) a bit taboo. It captured the isolation of one's suffering from the disease, to me at least.

Lyrically it is one of the best songs, if not the best song he has released in the last 20 years. These lines are among my favorites in his song book:

"Ain't no angel gonna greet me

It's just you and I my friend

And my clothes don't fit me no more

I walked a thousand miles

just to slip this skin"

"greet me brother with your faithless kiss" really resonated for me in that song. (with the switched line from the New Testament)

He has sooo many great lines though. I think a lot of songs from "Tracks" are underrated, these are from "Man at the Top"

Man at the top says it's lonely up there

If it is man, I don't care

From the big white house to the parking lot

Everybody wants to be the man at the top

And let's not forget about Dead Man Walking...

That is a great song. When I saw Pearl Jam way back when, before that song was even released, Eddie Vedder came out and did a solo acoustic version of that song. Obviously he got a leaked copy.

This guy does a nice thing for people who can't do torrents. Someone hacked him and deleted a ton of his files, but he is still at it. Anyhow, I just noticed that he has recently put up this Bruce show, so I thought I would post the information. If you want it, click on the link below, and scroll down until you find it. Or, you can do a search of the page to find all the Bruce titles.

Link (Boot blog)

Winterland,

San Francisco, California

December 15th, 1978

Source: FM, Remastered

Total Time: 187:29

Disc One (73:16)

01. Badlands (5:34)

02. Streets Of Fire (5:29)

03. Spirit In The Night (7:44)

04. Darkness On The Edge Of Town (5:46)

05. Factory (3:55)

06. The Promised Land (6:10)

07. Prove It All Night (12:39)

08. Racing in the Street (9:53)

09. Thunder Road (6:02)

10. Jungleland (10:03)

Disc Two (68:14)

01. The Ties That Bind (4:33)

02. Santa Story (3:46)

03. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (4:14)

04. The Fever (8:29)

05. Fire (3:09)

06. Candy's Room (3:12)

07. Because The Night (7:37)

08. Point Blank (8:37)

09. Mona / Preacher's Daughter (3:51)

10. She's The One (8:54)

11. Backstreets (11:52)

Disc Three (45:59)

01. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (10:50)

02. Born To Run (4:50)

03. Detroit Medley (9:22)

04. 10th Avenue Freeze-Out (6:29)

05. Raise Your Hand (5:32)

06. Quarter To Three (8:56)

Notes: Crystal Cat's "Winterland Night" is the source for the majority of tracks, other than The Promised Land (runs fast), Thunder Road (hiss, runs fast) and Jungleland (hiss, runs fast) which are taken from Great Dane's "Live In The Promised Land".

Remaster effects are primarily EQ and compression. The result is more of a "live" feeling, with much improved instrument balance, the drums were previously far too high in the mix. Each song was painstakingly remastered, with more than ten takes for every track.

I hope you enjoy the set, and thanks to Prodigal Son for all his efforts.

This is Prodigal Son's fourth release, following on from "Prodigal Son In The City Of Angels" (LA 23/10/99), "Prodigal Son At The Main Point" (Bryn Mawr 5/2/75) and "Prodigal Son In The Ice Palace" (Tampa 24/11/02).

This guy does a nice thing for people who can't do torrents. Someone hacked him and deleted a ton of his files, but he is still at it. Anyhow, I just noticed that he has recently put up this Bruce show, so I thought I would post the information. If you want it, click on the link below, and scroll down until you find it. Or, you can do a search of the page to find all the Bruce titles.

Link (Boot blog)

I rememeber seeing this one in the bootleg bins fairly often back in the late 70's early 80's

Bruce Springsteen: Artifacts From His Four-Decade Career

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit features lyric sheets, classic guitars and iconic outfits.

Including the Vineyard's scrapbook that I have read about, but never seen, until now.

The Castiles

From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen (opens April 1st, 2009)