the third clinton amdminastartion

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life was good during the Clinton years. Nader should go get himself fucked, IMO.

Life was good during the Clinton years. Nader should go get himself fucked, IMO.

how so? how has "life" changed for the worst I dont really see how it was better, same western culture here same bombs over there.

explanation please.

"people who look up to Bill Clinton or George Bush are probably the same person who looked up to their highschool princaple"

Lewis Black

...and I would add the same about people who look up to Obama, though for some reason I like the guy, its weird my guesse is its my logic vs my eyes

My high school principal was a dude named Ralph who smoked Virginia Slims out on the loading dock.
He should be in the cabinet...

I didn't read this shit....Nader upsets me too much and it is Saturday night so what is the point really, I know what he is saying. Sure there are too many Clinton people being appointed to jobs by the Obama team. Guess what - there are too many Obama people being appointed by the Obama team; too many Chicagoans being appointed, etc. There are just only so many jobs and only so many people who are really qualified to do them on day one of an Obama administration. Some old faces are back on the docket, so fucking what? Look who Bush brought back. People are always brought back, they know the ropes. All that matters is can they get the job done.

Once again, Nader, a man who can't organize his way out of a paper bag, is criticizing Obama who ran a campaign for the ages and certainly for the new millenium, who is smart, listens, is going to give it his best shot, etc. is being criticized by someone who has nothing going for him at all, never won political office, never built an organization, and now is just acting like a world class jerk. Of COURSE we are going to be disappointed, what the fuck, there are too many variables and problems NOT to be disappointed. But I'll you who we should really be disappointed in, Ralph Nader, who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

LouieB

I know! Nothing's ever good enough for him. Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

I could take him seriously if he actually did any work towards accomplishing his supposed goals anymore, but as far as I can tell all he's done in the last 10 years is bitched about anyone willing to make any sort of compromises. I have a lot of the same ideals as him, but I'd rather make some compromises and see some things actually change rather than insisting on wholesale change all at once, because that just won't happen.

Lou: of COURSE we're gonna be disappointed...

Yes, but not so much I'm gonna scream my head off at this early stage. I have to adopt a 'wait and see' attitude.

Lou: of COURSE we're gonna be disappointed...

Yes, but not so much I'm gonna scream my head off at this early stage. I have to adopt a 'wait and see' attitude.

Well yea, but that is not quite the point. No one can meet everyone's expectations, it is impossible. So that just needs to be built into the next four years.

Clearly Ralph Nader can't meet anyone's expectations since he can't get himself elected president. It is all bullshit in thin air for him. He can say whatever he wants but he doesn't actually have to DO anything so there is no danger that he will ultimately contradict himself. At this point admiring Ralph Nader because he says the right things is really no consolation at all. He is just a guy who knows what to say, nothing more. (Well calling Barack Uncle Tom wasn't really the right thing to say...)

LouieB

If Nader was serious about doing anything to change American policies, economic or otherwise, he would have run for Congress or Senate, or lobbied for a cabinet position instead of running for President.

I disagree Ralph Nader is doing more by running for president than anything thing else. The point is that there despratly needs to be a third party in power to reverse the american empire and the sooner liberaals realise that the sooner we get real change. By the way all these personal attacks are insane you don't know these people you don't know Obama.

The way you all talk is really strange the judgments you make are out of line talk about the issue or the substence of what he is saying. You'll probaly find that you agree.