watch heroes online live?

Is this show still worth watching? After the first couple of episodes this season, I haven't been able to muster up any incentive to watch the growing list of episodes on my Tivo.

I'm set to give up on it entirely.

I gave up on the show about a month back and deleted the 3-4 shows that were still sitting on the Tivo. The unbelievable character turns, convoluted plots, and seemingly unfocused storytelling finally pushed me beyond the point of caring.

yeah, i think i'm probably more frustrated w/ it than i even realize...i appreciate the breakneck action to a degree, but it's almost becoming too convoluted and predictible even. still the best thing on TV, at least until LOST starts back up.

the comic book shop thing was kind of funny, but just about crossed the line into being too stupid.

I always feared w/ some of the abilities that they'd get to a point where anyone can come "back" from the dead, and that's pretty much the case now. The one chance they had to actually "kill" someone

the damn eclipse ended, but by that point in the season you knew no one's gonna die.

Between that and the whole hero/villian switching 3 times in an episode the story line seems like they dumped marbles onto a plate and played connect the dots.

Edit: I can't wait for Lost to come back either. For now my favorite show is definitely Dexter, and I've been enjoying Californication after it too.

I always feared w/ some of the abilities that they'd get to a point where anyone can come "back" from the dead, and that's pretty much the case now.

but, as tully alluded to once before, that's pretty much just like they do it in the comic books. i will say that

if they really killed off kristen bell the yare going to have a cadre of pissed off fanboys out there.

but, as tully alluded to once before, that's pretty much just like they do it in the comic books. i will say that

if they really killed off kristen bell the yare going to have a cadre of pissed off fanboys out there.

yeah, but in comics they'll kill someone and sometimes it takes years before you see them again. Heroes is doing the death/ressurection stuff in the same episode.

It's also how they do it in soap operas. I'm not really complaining. I guess I accept that this sort of thing is possible in the Heroes universe, and that allows me to still enjoy the show. Honestly, the fact that the characters switch sides so easily irritates me more than the whole coming back from the dead thing. It makes it seem like they lack the causes or moral stances that comic book heroes typically have and stick to.

do you smell what the sylar is cooking?

:lol

Plotlines build up to... nothing. It's probably my biggest problem with the show. Why was Peter trapped in some other guy's body? Who knows? Doesn't matter now. Why turn Sylar good for a bit then make him evil? Doesn't matter. Why have Hiro and Claire go back in time to get the catalyst when Arthur just takes it when they're about to go back home. Oh, and that also makes the whole "Hiro is a man now and can protect the catalyst." idea null and void. He lost it within hours of getting it. He should feel like a failure now. He promised his mom, on her deathbed that he could protect it, and he lost it pretty much immediately.

yeah, good point, i was too jazzed about sylar's bullet trick and office party massacre to think how messed up the hiro thing was. eh, i got nothing better to do on monday nights...i'll keep watching.

I did laugh at the "Ooh, cake!" line.

after skipping the last two seasons, I'm going to give 24 another shot. I really dug the movie that was on a few weeks ago.

I still enjoy Heroes, but then again I also still watch Prison Break (and like it). I clearly have no problem with moronic plot twists.

24 seems like it might be good this year. I've said that for the past 4 or 5 seasons, and each time I realize that it's turning to shit again but by that time I've invested 5 or 6 hours already. The missus is gonna watch it anyway, so I might as well join her. The movie was pretty awesome.

Lost is better than all these shows, probably because it's got an end in sight and everything that happens is building to a conclusion. Ever since that happened (and they bailed on the traditional full-season format), the show has been great.

Dear chumley,

I've never seen Prison Break so excuse my ignorance, please. Have they broken out of prison yet? Why does this show need multiple seasons?

Thanks,

mfwahl