Yea I watched it. I totally agree.

Everything wrapped up way too easy and way too fast. I feel like they cut three episodes to smush everything into the finale. And how easy was it for Dex to get away from the skinner??? It was like he was not even a real villain. And Ramon just had to be sober to stop being irrational. Everything was way to easy.

The storyline I liked was with Deb possibly finding out about Dexter's history, about his real mom and Harry. However it seems we will have to wait til next season to see how that all plays out. Good season, not as good as the first two. First>Second>Third.

i was dissappointed the whole way through this season, it was still good but i mean it would be hard for the writers to top season 1 and 2

Agree completely.

I liked how the last episode wrapped it up, but it should have been in 2 or 3 episodes. I wanted more Skinner stalking Dexter.

Agree completely.

I liked how the last episode wrapped it up, but it should have been in 2 or 3 episodes. I wanted more Skinner stalking Dexter.

I agree with this, but the writing is still great. What I'm guessing is when they wrote the first two seasons they didn't know if they would be back so the finales were pretty mindblowing. And this season ended like it was just a set up for the next.

Yea I watched it. I totally agree.

Everything wrapped up way too easy and way too fast. I feel like they cut three episodes to smush everything into the finale. And how easy was it for Dex to get away from the skinner??? It was like he was not even a real villain. And Ramon just had to be sober to stop being irrational. Everything was way to easy.

The storyline I liked was with Deb possibly finding out about Dexter's history, about his real mom and Harry. However it seems we will have to wait til next season to see how that all plays out. Good season, not as good as the first two. First>Second>Third.

Definitely. The crammed wrapping up the Skinner's and even Ramon's story lines. In the first two seasons a villain as large as any of them would never have been killed that easily or cleanly.

I'm very interested to see what starts to happen when Deb starts digging into her fathers past and finds out more information on Dexter. I think that's definitely going to be the major plot of next season. I know they're signed for a fifth as well, but we'll have to see what happens after that. At least the writers understand they can't just have Dexter kill someone every episode. The character development has been pretty damn good as far as I'm concerned.

So does anyone think that Dexter's discovery of Rita's hush,hush teen marriage will be explored more next season? It seemed to me that his glossing over the matter was too uncharacteristic. Maybe it was just a set-up for the whole theme of the episode: everyone has secrets. Anyhow, I thought her goody-goody demeanor wasn't genuine. I think, or hope anyways that she has some very dark secrets!

I'm very interested to see what starts to happen when Deb starts digging into her fathers past and finds out more information on Dexter. I think that's definitely going to be the major plot of next season.

and Deb is moving into Dexter's place, right? Did he keep the slides of blood there?

I have never liked Rita, maybe her having some dark secrets will change my mind!

Has anyone read the Darkly Dreaming Dexter books?

Has anyone read the Darkly Dreaming Dexter books?

I did, or at least the first one, and it is terrible. I mean it was really really bad. It read like it was written by a 7th grader, trying to sound cooler then he is. There was way too much alliteration in the book. The one thing the book did well is explain Dexter's Dark passenger, which you don't get a sense of in the show as much.

The TV show is way better.

• 2 weeks later...
rita just keeps getting hotter and hotter more and more annoying

Fixed.

I used to be annoyed by Deb, but now I'm fine with her and Rita bugs the shit out of me.

We just finished season 3 via "on demand" on Comcast. We signed up for Showtime just so we could catch up on this show.

I thought this season was just as good as the first two, but I agree with the criticisms of the finale -- yes, some things were wrapped up way too quickly and conveniently. Altogether, though, I thought this season was brilliant.

I thought this season was toned down alot - almost as if they were getting it ready for primetime on network TV. Alot of the sex and violence was cut out. That being said, I did enjoy this season, but the finale left a bit to be desired for me - everything wrapped up in a nice little ball - no cliff hanger. Oh well, still one of the top shows on tv.