Wilco. Had Jay Bennett not left the band

I like Jay's songwriting, esp. in combination with Jeff. I also miss his guitar playing. Nels' droning, screeching solos just don't do it for me. I've liked each successive Wilco album less and less since Jay left. Just my opinion.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Jay's songwriting, esp. in combination with Jeff. I also miss his guitar playing. Nels' droning, screeching solos just don't do it for me. I've liked each successive Wilco album less and less since Jay left. Just my opinion.

Nels isn't a problem to me. I have more problem with Mike's Yanni-esque piano parts which have like no tension at all. Jay had such a great approach to counter-point, and the whole mathematical side of music.

People love to diss on Jay, and act like he would've ruined the band, but all of his major co-songwriting contributions are among the boards favorite songs; I don't see anyone ever dissing Jesus Etc or Poor Places, yet Jay wrote parts of both of those songs (for Jesus, Etc, basically the whole instrumental part.)

I'm glad we have AGIB, but SBS was proof to me of how much they've suffered musically since Jay was booted.

Nels isn't a problem to me. I have more problem with Mike's Yanni-esque piano parts which have like no tension at all. Jay had such a great approach to counter-point, and the whole mathematical side of music.

People love to diss on Jay, and act like he would've ruined the band, but all of his major co-songwriting contributions are among the boards favorite songs; I don't see anyone ever dissing Jesus Etc or Poor Places, yet Jay wrote parts of both of those songs (for Jesus, Etc, basically the whole instrumental part.)

I'm glad we have AGIB, but SBS was proof to me of how much they've suffered musically since Jay was booted.

could not agree more........

-Robert