MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason enough to be happy about Ollie's return:

"Just as important from the Mets

I am beginning to think my prediction of Manny being the starting right-fielder for the Mets when they debut in Citi Field might actually come true.

White Sox make Abreu one-year offer

2/3/2009

The White Sox have made free agent outfielder Bobby Abreu a one-year offer for $8 million, the New York Daily News reported.

Abreu made $16 million last season with the Yankees, hitting .296 with 20 homers, 100 RBIs, 100 runs and 22 steals.

The White Sox are the latest team linked to Abreu in the past week. The New York Post reported that the Mets have shown some interest, but have not made an offer. The Seattle Times reported that the Mariners were interested.

Kind of a head scratcher, since they haven't moved Dye yet.

Serious question:

Who keeps old syringes laying around? Was it his plan all along to out the players, or did he save them in case his name was brought up, and they could protect his on ass?

Both, I imagine, with blackmail potential thrown in.

Serious question:

Who keeps old syringes laying around? Was it his plan all along to out the players, or did he save them in case his name was brought up, and they could protect his on ass?

I'm thinking the latter but who knows. The defense will say he can't be trusted (character and all). Fwiw, no steroids/HGH have been detected yet, just that his DNA was found on the syringes.

I don't think anyone is really doubting that he took steroids at this point. I'm pretty sure I conceded that one a while ago. Still doesn't change my opinion of him as the greatest player of his generation.

I thought it was you that offered that there's no proof he took steroids. It may have been someone else in here, though. If he was the "greatest player" of his generation, it comes with a caveat, imo.

Well, I've always said that denying him entry into the HOF isn't right because he never failed a drug test. I stand by that.

So now that it's been shown that he failed a drug test....