I must be the only poor, dumb schlub at work today

i am too. and against my will , i may add

On my way after I eat this here oatmeal.

I'm at work. Wasn't supposed to be. Was supposed to be in TN chilling out with friends, but change of plans. So I'm at work because it would be silly to waste a furlough day to lounge around on the couch. although i really want to be at home lounging around on the couch. Maybe I'll waste that furlough day tomorrow.

Wait. You have a furlough day and you're at work anyway?

We have to take 10 furlough days somewhere between Oct 08 and Sept 09. I have managed to take all of my furlough days except 1. Because I haven't used any vacation of sick leave over the past 3 months, I have a slew of vacation time and sick leave built up that I will have to start taking or risk losing, but I'm trying to be strategic about it to maximize on the amount of leave I get and if I can manage to stock pile vacation time to cash out if by chance I get another job in the next couple of months. Then it would be as if the furlough never happened.

Short answer, I have a furlough day to take anytime I want and am trying to save it for something worthy (like a Wilco show). :)

We have to take 10 furlough days somewhere between Oct 08 and Sept 09. I have managed to take all of my furlough days except 1. Because I haven't used any vacation of sick leave over the past 3 months, I have a slew of vacation time and sick leave built up that I will have to start taking or risk losing, but I'm trying to be strategic about it to maximize on the amount of leave I get and if I can manage to stock pile vacation time to cash out if by chance I get another job in the next couple of months. Then it would be as if the furlough never happened.

Short answer, I have a furlough day to take anytime I want and am trying to save it for something worthy (like a Wilco show). :)

Or a super fun crafty day we do at my house!! Maybe making valentines!