Flight of the Conchords spring tour

I am not a huge Matt Ward fan either (I have not even bothered to download the leak of the new album or listen to the stream on the Merge site) and would agree that in pop culture he is unknown (unlike FoC). I guess I was thinking of it from on indie perspective where he's hardly an unknown and I would doubt any more popular due to She & Him.

She & Him raised his profile that much?

not at all really.

every one of his albums has increased sales slightly over the previous one, and i doubt this one will see much of an uptick because of She & Him at all.

most of the people i know who like She & Him don't give a crap about Matt honestly

Argh. Since I derailed this train, I'll try to get it back on track.

Seems to me that FotC are an act who have steadily gained in popularity since their inception in 1998, rather than a flash-in-the-pan phenomenon that desperately need to "strike while the iron's hot". The show has obviously improved their visibility, but their US festival appearances and tours have had a similarly catalyzing effect on their career.

Argh. Since I derailed this train, I'll try to get it back on track.

Seems to me that FotC are an act who have steadily gained in popularity since their inception in 1998, rather than a flash-in-the-pan phenomenon that desperately need to "strike while the iron's hot". The show has obviously improved their visibility, but their US festival appearances and tours have had a similarly catalyzing effect on their career.

fair enough, but nobody in the US heard of these guys prior to 2 years ago... i don't think there's much argument there :)

if they can sustain this level of popularity for the next 10 years, then i'll believe you, until then i see them as a trend.

whereas Matt is still not popular after 10 years ;)

I know you are using this as evidence for the fact that he is not a flash in the pan, but that definitely seems like an odd way to prove a point.

well to be honest, think it was kind of stupid he was brought up in this thread in the first place, i was just giving a dig at Tangara for doing such :)

wasn't really trying to prove a point, cuz it's like comparing apples to oranges

fair enough, but nobody in the US heard of these guys prior to 2 years ago... i don't think there's much argument there :)

if they can sustain this level of popularity for the next 10 years, then i'll believe you, until then i see them as a trend.

whereas Matt is still not popular after 10 years ;)

Point taken. I don't see any evidence of a sophomore slump in the new Conchords episodes, so only time can tell whether they'll have any longevity, I guess.

Matt Ward: Not Popular, and Holding! :lol Seriously, I betcha $5 he does see a bump in sales from the Zooey correlation...IMO he's one of those artists that people discover via his associations with other artists (Jim James, Conor Oberst, hell, even Jack Johnson) and I'd argue that Zooey's his highest-profile collaborator yet. People love starlets.

like i've said about them numerous times... i really WISH i got them or found them funny... i do, but unfortunately it just doesn't make me laugh at all.

I don't think you should feel bad about not liking them. They are definitely not everyone's bag. I think their manager Murray is what really makes the show though...he's what I find consistantly hilarious.

I don't think you should feel bad about not liking them. They are definitely not everyone's bag. I think their manager Murray is what really makes the show though...he's what I find consistantly hilarious.

that's another thing, is i've never seen a full episode in it's entirety, since i'm not rich and therefore don't have luxuries such as HBO :P

just seen clips online and live stuff. so maybe i'd enjoy the show some, but i know i didn't find their album very funny at all.

that's another thing, is i've never seen a full episode in it's entirety, since i'm not rich and therefore don't have luxuries such as HBO :P

just seen clips online and live stuff. so maybe i'd enjoy the show some, but i know i didn't find their album very funny at all.

I also have no HBO. I bittorrent it.

well to be honest, think it was kind of stupid he was brought up in this thread in the first place, i was just giving a dig at Tangara for doing such :)

wasn't really trying to prove a point, cuz it's like comparing apples to oranges

apples :: apples. Two acts working for about the same amount of time. Each have recently lucked into something fortuitous for their careers. Are both cashing in? I'd say yes.

Was that Max Fischer's dad from Rushmore playing one of Bret's gang members last night? LOVE!