Taking the hipsters to school

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see what the "hipster" generation is doing that is any different then the grunge, glam, punk, rock, or folk-revival scenes that came before it. Because they dance differently?

Young people always follow trends, it's what they do. Frankly, this article was just a pretentious as the people it is criticizing.

Guest Speed Racer

Young people always follow trends, it's what they do. Frankly, this article was just a pretentious as the people it is criticizing.

Because that's what they do. Kids follow trends, the media scrutinizes them, and the peanut gallery judges both.

call me old fashioned but i enjoy making fun of everybody. i have no problem with the hipsters, i just find them silly. saw a guy the other day at the mall with super tight pants, black rimmed glasses, scarf (it was hot out?) and smoking a cigarette which he was holding in the most pompous way, i died laughing. with that being said, i bought my first pair of levi's skinny jeans the other day. i have chicken legs so they don't look that skinny on me. anyways, its good to see people expressing themselves be it through clothes, music, art, whatever. if everyone looked the same, that's when we should all start worrying.