Taking the hipsters to school

Bicycle "gangs" are a pretty hip trend here. Loads of tanked up hipsters cruising from Hamtramck to Detroit or around Ferndale. They name themselves, and at least a couple have jackets. They bemoan the loss of Polaroid, drink lots of PBR and generally annoy this shit out of me.

That shit is huge here as well and I just fucking hate it. They even have a yearly holiday here called:Slaughterama

Check out the flickr link to see some of these bike gangs in action:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloboz/271811...in/photostream/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to be in a bike gang. Here is some

As I recall, that movie was made by a hipster. (And that scene with the roaches behind the picture still freaks me out)

That shit is huge here as well and I just fucking hate it. They even have a yearly holiday here called:Slaughterama

Wow. That's weird. You'd think that since they're NOT a motorcycle gang, they wouldn't dress like one...

I want to start a penny-farthing gang - we would all wear bowler hats and big moustaches.

Same in Atlanta, or used to be anyway. They called themselves "NOB". A bunch of white yahoos. You can probably guess what the N stands for (the OB stands for "On Bikes"). So clever and ironic. :rolleyes These dicks used to go around beating up cyclists who wear helmets.

I use to be in a bike gang. Here is some

Oh man, just the thought of Gummo bothers me. Heebie jeebies all over that movie...yum, cats.

Also, that Sleep song is one of my favorite things in the world.

Oh man, just the thought of Gummo bothers me. Heebie jeebies all over that movie...yum, cats.

Also, that Sleep song is one of my favorite things in the world.

It's on the free Pay Per View channel here where I live. I find that hilarious. I think the description reads "two boys ride around on bikes and sniff glue" or something like that.

What's "1%er"?

It's a patch that the real deal badass biker mofos wear, which I think is a tribute to a quote from a news story in the 40s out of California, saying something that 99% of motorcycle enthusiasts are law-abiding.

My cousin is in a motorcycle club (as opposed to gang), and used to work for a Harley shop. There were a couple 1%ers at his wedding. I almost knocked their bikes down ala PeeWee Herman.

Here's a better explanation of it (about 1/2 way down).

• 1 month later...

Here's a parody of Monty Python's classic Twit of the Year sketch that provides a humorous introduction to the hipster character

and here's something potentially controversial, a hipster themed video that labels Sonic Youth, The Velvet Underground, and our very own Wilco as all being pretentious and that people only pretend to like them. It's still sort of funny nonetheless