Bob Dylan Bio's/Books

Has anyone read "A Simple Twist of Fate: Bob Dylan and the Making of Blood on the Tracks" by Andy Gill (who I assume is not the Gang of Four guitarist)?

I just read a few pages in a bookstore and it seemed like there are some good stories from some of the players, but I didn't buy it.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone read "A Simple Twist of Fate: Bob Dylan and the Making of Blood on the Tracks" by Andy Gill (who I assume is not the Gang of Four guitarist)?

I just read a few pages in a bookstore and it seemed like there are some good stories from some of the players, but I didn't buy it.

To answer my own question, I did track down a cheap copy of this book and it is decent. There is a lot of information about the Minneapolis sessions and those players who never got any formal credit for playing. The album cover still lists only the New York musicians (Eric Weissberg & Deliverance).

• 8 months later...

I read Chronicles (and loved it) but now I'm looking for a bio. Based on the posts in this thread, I'm thinking "No Direction Home" is the right place to start. Yes?

its the most accurate, but it mainly covers his bio from being a kid, to his 60's output. i'd start with Behind the shades