M. Ward/Delta Spirit

Great show. First time seeing him. Wow, he's such a great musician. Some great special guests. I'll let the set list speak for itself, Just about everything I wanted to hear.

Hold Time (solo piano)

One Hundred Million Years (solo acoustic)

Paul's Song (solo acoustic)

Lullaby (solo acoustic)

Chinese Translation

Epistemology

Requiem

Fisher of Men

Post War

Poison Cup

Oh Lonesome Me

Rag (solo acoustic)

You Really Got a Hold on Me (with Zooey Deschanel)

Change is Hard (with Zooey Deschanel)

Rave On (with Zooey Deschanel)

Never Had Nobody Like You (with Zooey Deschanel)

Bean Vine Blues #2

Vincent O'Brien

Roll Over Beethoven

Big Boat

----

To Save Me (with Zooey Deschanel, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings)

Magic Trick (with Zooey Deschanel, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings)

Just a great night of music. Delta Spirit opened up. I love their last record. The new music had me feeling like they're trying too hard to be Arcade Fire. We'll see about that when the album is released.

Gonna be thinking about this show for some time.

Jack

Pretty similar setlist to the NYC show I saw a few weeks back, but awesome that Zooey, Gillian and Dave all came out to sing/play! Lucky LA peeps... :yes

Oh, and I believe the John Fahey tune is Bean Vine Blues #2.

I thought Delta Spirit was the absolute hightlight of the show. M.Ward was not as polished as I was expecting. Your thoughts???

I loved Delta Spirit, but like I said, the new stuff is a bit puzzling to me. I liked that M. Ward wasn't as polished....his records are, so a little raggedness in the live show is a good thing (for me).

Jack

I thought Delta Spirit was the absolute hightlight of the show. M.Ward was not as polished as I was expecting. Your thoughts???

I saw Delta Spirit at the Double Door in Chicago on Feb. 14 and they were really fun!

I saw Delta Spirit at the Double Door in Chicago on Feb. 14 and they were really fun!

They are f'ing awesome. They put on a great live show. Their album was one of the best of 2007 (I'm that cool; this is the bon iver argument that never happened). And they're way too younger than me to be doing this shit!

'Paul's Song' is a seriously good tune. Can't wait for him to come backto the U.K for a more extensive round of shows.

You can pick up 'Bean Vine Blues #2' on i-tunes U.K. Nice tune. I would also recommend getting 'Lazy Days' off i-tunes if your looking for nice M. Ward non-album tracks.

G