Lack of Chicago Shows

You know why no one gave you an answer? Because they haven't announced their fucking tour dates yet.

Why ... it's so simple, really.

I wonder why thagle didn't think of this in the first place!?!

You know why no one gave you an answer? Because they haven't announced their fucking tour dates yet.

Sheesh. So much for discussion on a message board.

And I didn't think the original poster was even complaining about the lack of shows, but rather just asking a simple question.

No, Hollinger is right -- "lack of shows in Chicago" is a premature complaint. And really a false one anyway, in the big picture, because thagle's "in over 1 year" gauge conveniently excludes the 5-night Riviera stand which occurred just 1 year + 1 month ago. I'm not feeling too sorry for chicagoans just yet. :P

yes its been 1 1/2 years since the residency so lets say since the beginning of 07 its been 6 shows counting the residency and lolla are you happy VC?

i was simply asking why there werent any dates announced for 09 and if anybody knew of any

and to mr hollinger: thanks for the info about no dates being released yet i couldnt have found that info anywhere else!!!

it was a half-assed sarcastic type of complaint initially but yeah we can be and deserve to be a bit spoiled in chicago

this is the bands adopted hometown you would expect them to play a few times a year especially since they're working on an album

i figured somebody on here might know rumblings/rumors as to upcoming shows

have a good day everybody

yes its been 1 1/2 years since the residency so lets say since the beginning of 07 its been 6 shows counting the residency and lolla are you happy VC?

i was simply asking why there werent any dates announced for 09 and if anybody knew of any

and to mr hollinger: thanks for the info about no dates being released yet i couldnt have found that info anywhere else!!!

it was a half-assed sarcastic type of complaint initially but yeah we can be and deserve to be a bit spoiled in chicago

this is the bands adopted hometown you would expect them to play a few times a year especially since they're working on an album

i figured somebody on here might know rumblings/rumors as to upcoming shows

have a good day everybody

meh. You don't see the White Stripes playing every weekend in Detroit do ya?

You dont see the white stripes playing any places lately

In the past bands with certain allegiances to certain cities play a lot of shows there, obviously its not a blanket statement but bands that tend to have certain relationships with fans or a tendency/reputation as a live act tend to play more shows a year and thus more shows in their home towns.

That was an impressive run on sentence

The example of the Dead comes to mind immediately but on a smaller scale in Chicago alone look at Umphrees McGee

i agree that people in those cities seem spoiled but you cant blame good geography and happenstance can you?

Some people actually move themselves to where Wilco IS playing when they want to see a show. If that is impossible for you, of course it is understandable that you are jonesing for a show near you, and you will just have to be patient until such local shows are announced ... and have faith you will see it posted here in "Just A Fan" with a big giant thread of ecstatic comments! (unless it's in a sucky venue :unsure )

Patience, thagle. You'll get a Chicago show or maybe 5 again. ;)

wendy

i do have patience

and my work schedule makes travelling tough right now

I do look for threads, i just hadnt seen one so i figured I'd start my own :)

and hollinger....no need for me to waste my time anymore