Lack of Chicago Shows

So what does this mean?

Aside from Lolla last year, they havent played a show in Chicago in over a year and based on the schedule it looks like it wont be at least until september

But the Lolla weekend is open, does this mean a repeat appearance (doubt they'd do it twice in a row) or does it mean a multinight fall run?

With Wilco being based in Chicago, in my opinion, it's not really possible to look at a schedule in March and say that there's no chance of any shows until September.

Of course, if they just wanted to keep playing Wisconsin shows I'd be down with that.

In the last year, Chicago has gotten (off the top of my head) five Wilco shows, a set at Lollapalooza, at least four shows from Jeff, at least two shows by Nels, a few Autumn Defense shows, and at least one show by Glenn. And that's just in the city--the band, Jeff, Nels, and Glenn all had shows within a relatively easy driving distance. Yeah, that's a real lack.

What I think some Chicago fans forget is that they've got fans all over the place, and they really do try to get to places where they haven't been recently, or to places that don't get a lot of shows. And unless you know something the rest of us don't, how do you know they're not planning a summer show?

and why are you complaining?

chicago has gotten the majority of the shows in the past. suck it up and let some one else see wilco in their home town.

plus milwaukee is pretty much a suburb of chicago anyway. drive the 90 mins and see them up there.

Ann Arbor is where it's at.

I did live in Detroit when I was a kid.

I like Ann Arbor, but boy its hard to drive around in that town. Great shows though.

You guys all try living in rural northern Ontario! I drive 5-10 hours for every show I go to!

Oh yeah Well I live 30 miles underground in a futuristic bunker fighting off the mole men for all you surface dwellers. We only get KC and the Sunshine band and men at work tribute bands...

You guys all try living in rural northern Ontario! I drive 5-10 hours for every show I go to!

I'm from Marquette! Try driving 5 hours just to get a beer! Of course I was 19 at the time, but still! I love Sault Ste. Marie. You guys are like the Duluth of Canada.

I'm from Marquette! Try driving 5 hours just to get a beer! Of course I was 19 at the time, but still! I love Sault Ste. Marie. You guys are like the Duluth of Canada.

lol the Duluth of Canada, the Sault isn't so bad, I mean I get to see Great Lake Swimmers on Friday...

At least we're not Sudbury...

There is a town in north Ontario

from where I drive 5-10 hours for every show I go to

And in my mind I still need a place to go

All my changes were there

Well, it was back in Blind River in 1962

When I last saw you alive

But we missed that shift on the long decline

Long may you run.

When I met Neil a couple years ago I mentioned the Sault and he had fond memories, the only border to let him cross when he was on his journey to LA!

wow arent the out of town people touchy on this board

sure we're somewhat spoiled living in chicago when it comes to wilco

so was san fran when it came to the dead....big deal

since the residency they've played one show (lolla) I was simply asking if they had plans to play anything else before september since nothing is listed

I dont care if the Autum Defense Liberation or Pat or Glen have solo shows here, sorry while many may clamor over those shows, I do not

I was simply asking a question about wilco playing in chicago

its not my fault that they and I live in the best city in the United States

I think it was the broad stroke of your subject header that brought most of the negativity to the thread. People generally do not sympathize with that. Though, I think your header wasn't a good representative of your original post. Like you said, you were just asking.