There is no reasonable explanation for the question here, especially when Mike Pence is your Congressman - one of the leading voices of the Right. :ohwell

"You can't run a country on a book of religion

Not by a heap, or a lump or a smidgen"

-FZ

How do folks like this get and stay elected?

This is why the Illinois republican party is in shambles statewide. They can win local elections and can carry much of the downstate, because frankly there are a lot of people here who think and act just like him. But they can not compete statewide because the crazies are running the party here and they allow little room for dissent or diversity of thought within their ranks. So even though Blago has f'ed things up on the democrat side, the republicans will shoot themselve in the foot come next election cycle...again.

I love my guns and want my women barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

Too bad no Republican can seem to remember about the separation of church and state these days. It could be worse here are what the Republicans are doing in my state. Nevermind our state and budget are in the ditch, they seem to think it's more important to shut the tent cities down and lock people in jail if they are homeless and facing tough times, due in large part to their policies. They have a law that says you can't feed homeless people in groups of over 20. They arrested a guy for feeding them.

Sacramento's 'Tent City' To Be Closed

Homeless React To Plan For Tent City

The social issue side of the Republican party is pretty unfortunate, but you don't need to start making stuff up to emphasize the point.

What exactly do you think I'm making up? We had pro-gun pro-life stickers slapped on us as soon as we walked in the door. Frank Watson, a friend of my wife & a state senator, was the guy with the anecdote about the kids. If anything I gave an extremely sanitized telling of the story. Remember this was 2004 and the party was very bold and thought they had a winning formula.

The keynote speaker was supposed o be that Ryan guy, but ended up being some woman from DuPage or Lake county who is viewed as the elder stateswoman of the Republicna party in Illinois.

What exactly do you think I'm making up? We had pro-gun pro-life stickers slapped on us as soon as we walked in the door. Frank Watson, a friend of my wife & a state senator, was the guy with the anecdote about the kids. If anything I gave an extremely sanitized telling of the story. Remember this was 2004 and the party was very bold and thought they had a winning formula.

The keynote speaker was supposed o be that Ryan guy, but ended up being some woman from DuPage or Lake county who is viewed as the elder stateswoman of the Republicna party in Illinois.

Well, if you are unfamiliar with the use of boldface type for emphasis, then it was this phrase -- "I want women barefoot and pregnant"

Well, if you are unfamiliar with the use of boldface type for emphasis, then it was this phrase -- "I want women barefoot and pregnant"

OK they did not say that exactly you win. But that is defianately the vibe we recieved there. And like I said I live out in the sticks these people really do want their women home and not working. A submissive woman like Laura B is far superior to them than a career woman like Hillary.

OK they did not say that exactly you win. But that is defianately the vibe we recieved there. And like I said I live out in the sticks these people really do want their women home and not working. A submissive woman like Laura B is far superior to them than a career woman like Hillary.

Again. Ridiculous. :rolleyes