Now Playing: April, 2009

517QyPTAb6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Ike & Tina Turner Story (1960-1975)

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm... guess i'll have to check it out, cuz Patterson's first solo record wasn't that great IMO. not awful, but i DEF prefer both of Jason's to that one by a huge margin.

that album has been in the working for like 5 years tho, so good to hear it's worth the wait.

hmm... guess i'll have to check it out, cuz Patterson's first solo record wasn't that great IMO. not awful, but i DEF prefer both of Jason's to that one by a huge margin.

I love the feel of the first solo record but I don't love all of the songs. Miss Me Gone, the Assasin and Pay Attention to Alice are two of my favorites though.

Solace - can you enable a couple of our PM boxes? :yes

I agree. Killers and Stars struck me as a second-rate attempt at recreating Nebraska. Murdering Oscar blew me away on 1st listen. Has some rockers, some ballads, and great songwriting. It sounds a lot like a DBT record for the most part. However, it sounds like a top-notch Truckers record. I'm a bit surprised he kept some of this material to himself. Then again, it's been sitting there for a long time. I know the band came close to breaking up right around the time when he wrote and recorded much, if not all, of the material. Either way, it's a damn fine album.

awesome, i'll check it out here soon :)

the artwork is kind of cheesy imo ;)

edit: first track... daaaaaamn. wonder who all played on this? production wise this might be better sounding than any Truckers record IMO

Yes. The bass is awesome. The guitar rips your gut out too.

I like it better than either of Mr. Isbell's.

first one maybe, but the artwork that Browan painted for the second one is absolutely gorgeous IMO. i'd love to buy the original.

300x300.jpg

:thumbup

So what do you think of it?

514FFCGBGML._SL500_AA240_.jpg418D79HEAQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg2090.jpg

51wmCK8c3tL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Everly Brothers - The Very Best Of...

Os Mutantes - Mutantes

Martin Newell/Cleaners From Venus - My Back Wages

Mark Sultan - The Sultanic Verses

:thumbup

So what do you think of it?

2nd listen. Very diverse. I like his voice. Some good guitar pickin'. Billy Bragg vibe to it. I think this will stay in the rotation for the next few months. The timing of it coming to my attention (American Central Dust & Murdering Oscar leaking) isn't ideal, but I do like it. Thanks for the recommendation GP.