Stream Neil Young's Fork in the Road

That's what people said when Tonight's the Night came out B)

But seriously, I don't think this album will age very well. For what it is though it's a good record.

too bad one of his best new songs is not on the album...Get Around...there is a video up on mog.com though. oh well :dontgetit

i heard "cough up the bucks" live, and everyone hated it.

neil young doesnt give a fuck what anyone thinks.

Yeah, when Wilco opened for him, his set was outstanding, but then he went through a 3 song run including Cough Up the Bucks, Fuel Line, and Hit the Road, and everyone in the crowd was so confused as to what happened. It was like a gift from God when he played Heart of Gold after it

I'm not sure you and I, both HUGE Neil fans, could disagree more about him. I guess that's what makes Neil Neil.

well, i am so hot and cold with neil. but, i like neil. i like his guitar sound and his voice. so, i just decided to listen to this album that way. on a quick first listen though, it is junk. and, if somebody had put this out as a second album, the would be immediately dropped upon release:)

Yeah, when Wilco opened for him, his set was outstanding, but then he went through a 3 song run including Cough Up the Bucks, Fuel Line, and Hit the Road, and everyone in the crowd was so confused as to what happened. It was like a gift from God when he played Heart of Gold after it

I was one of those people in the crowd, cough up the bucks is freaking awful

I was one of those people in the crowd, cough up the bucks is freaking awful

after a few listens, i'm having a hard time getting all the way through. i like the music of cough, but he lyrics and the rap is just unlistenable. i love light a candle. just singing a song is okay too as is the other slow one. the rest is really bad.

He's the poster child (at least recently) for the opposite impact of the whole "artistic freedom" issue between record companies and artists. I think Reprise is so scared to stand up for what they may believe due to past issues with Neil and bad press from the whole Wilco issue. I've yet to listen to this entire album, but after trying to listen to Chrome Dreams II, Living w/War I can only imagine how awful this is. It makes me think less of Neil and I consider myself a pretty hardcore fan. Crap is crap and record companies do not have to appease him just because he is Neil Young. And whoever drew a link between Tonights the Night and its initial critical response vs. Fork In The Road, cmon!

I've yet to listen to this entire album, but after trying to listen to Chrome Dreams II, Living w/War I can only imagine how awful this is. It makes me think less of Neil and I consider myself a pretty hardcore fan. Crap is crap and record companies do not have to appease him just because he is Neil Young. And whoever drew a link between Tonights the Night and its initial critical response vs. Fork In The Road, cmon!

Chrome Dreams II and Living with War were decent records in my opinion.

I was just joking about the TTN response though :lol This record is pretty bad for the most part.

He's the poster child (at least recently) for the opposite impact of the whole "artistic freedom" issue between record companies and artists. I think Reprise is so scared to stand up for what they may believe due to past issues with Neil and bad press from the whole Wilco issue. I've yet to listen to this entire album, but after trying to listen to Chrome Dreams II, Living w/War I can only imagine how awful this is. It makes me think less of Neil and I consider myself a pretty hardcore fan. Crap is crap and record companies do not have to appease him just because he is Neil Young. And whoever drew a link between Tonights the Night and its initial critical response vs. Fork In The Road, cmon!

well said. i'm beginning to re-read shakey and i'm convinced neil is an asshole and everyone just gives into him. i'm beginning to think geffen was right in suing neil. reprise needs to do the same. they should have shit on cdII and said put the archives out now or we're dropping you. 'nuff said.

Chrome Dreams II, Living w/War

Both are much better than Fork in the Road. CD II, while very uneven, has some great songs on it. While LWW will not stand the test of time very well, I enjoyed it when it came out. It has a couple of songs I still enjoy. Fork in the Road is just plain bad.