Cosmic Charlie>

New Potato Caboose>

Help On The Way>

Slipknot!>

Franklin's Tower

(encore)

Samson And Delilah

anyone here go?

as usual, amazing set on paper. probably meh, live. wish we had got some of those sets in the90s.

I saw a Help>Slip>Frank at the Obama benefit in October and it was easily the most coherent part of the night.

i'm sure it was fun as hell...not for that much money though. they probably have the sections worked out. of course phil, bob, mickey, and billy are all sharp as a tack. bob and phil especially. it's just not the DEAD man. jeff is just a bar band keyboardist and warren doesn't fit. not to mention they do not have decades of jamming with the those two other guys. it just seems like they're just looking at each other all the time trying to figure out what to do next. they just sound like a cheesy jam band circa 1998 at the brandy house in atlanta.

this is terrible! every song is pushed into that slow temp blues 'ratdog jam'. as i suspected, warren has now idea how to fit in. does warren even know the songs? not to mention, the rest of the band are just plodding along trying to let warren and jeff keep up. oh man, the dead are dying a slow death.

Sounds decent enough to me (regardless of the tepid recording- sounds muddy and distant). I think Warren fits in pretty well. It's nothing close to the real deal but i don't think that's what they're going for, anyway. I take it for what it is I guess: A loose framework to cover sound great tunes. I'm betting it sounded pretty decent live and i'm looking forward to catching them in a month. Don't think I'll be touring anytime soon, though.

I don't know, I just saw Ratdog a couple months back, and Bobby was in very good form. I suspect Help>Slip>Franklin's may have sounded mighty fine indeed.

Care to give us a little review, HungryHippo?

i didn't go. :mellow my boss went and he'll be back tomorrow so i'll get an earful then, can't wait. for months, i told myself i'd go if i knew they'd play He's Gone but i figured the chances for them playing that were slim to none, lol.

thanks for the clip Lammy....all I can say is I wish I was with all the VC deadheads when The Music Never Stopped kicked in. I'm glad they are together in the proper spirit. Trying to honor a group of songs that represent a great page in the Americana Songbook. RJ go for it especially if you can be close...I've had a real good time the last two years seeing these guys get ready for this at various venues in SF. Of course its not Jerry, however pretty darn fun and swirly :dancing

this is terrible! every song is pushed into that slow temp blues 'ratdog jam'. as i suspected, warren has now idea how to fit in. does warren even know the songs? not to mention, the rest of the band are just plodding along trying to let warren and jeff keep up. oh man, the dead are dying a slow death.

come on, you wrote that the day they announced the tour right? This is nowhere near as bad as "ratdog half time" and they sound way more together then 03-04.

I've been a long time deadhead and of course its not the same without Jerry. And to be honest I'm a huge Phil phan. But after looking at the setlists and listening to the shows over on archive (even did some downloading!) my opinion is this is the best they've been cohesively post Garcia as The Grateful Dead.

And for four guys in their 60's they're rockin and shakin things up. I for one cannot wait to be seated at MSG when those lights go down and see the magic that is created when these four gentleman hit the stage. It's been too long. 5 years!

Also live broadcast of tonights show over on sirrus free trial online if you don't have a subscription....

Have a great Saturday!!!