Phil Spector Found Guilty

Who threatens Leonard Cohen with a crossbow? Seriously. Plus, the production on "Death of a Ladies Man" stinks.
Actually it was a stinker on both their parts....the production sucks and so do most of the songs...

Phil was a violent mofo from a long way back and certainly a tyrant when not violent....

LouieB

Who threatens Leonard Cohen with a crossbow?

Just offhand, Ted Nugent?

Anyway, ole Philos' hair will be a handy grab all when some 350 lb biker is busting his Khyber Pass. :lol

I never liked the production on All Things Must Pass. Too much going on in songs like Wah Wah.

Let It Be... Naked is WAY superior to Spector's version.

But, he held back on Plastic Ono Band, and that album is sparse genius...

Yeah, he pretty much ruined some beautiful songs on ATMP. The musicianship on "Art of Dying" is great and all, but goddamn is it buried under a mountain of unnecessary shit.

I have a soft spot of the original Let it Be, and prefer much of it to the polished version. Granted, it's unforgivable that Spector left off "Don't Let Me Down," and I agree with Ringo about the echo on his cymbals in "Let it Be," but the interjections between songs and warts (the false start to "I Dig a Pony," for example) give the original album far more character than the reworked one.

Well, Let It Be... Naked is a kind of shame if you ask me. We all wanted to hear the live album as it was recorded, and they could only release that clean cutting.

If Spector ruined "The Long & Winding Road" (which is a pretty boring song anyway), he did a fine job on "Across the Universe".

Phil's best work was pre-Beatles of course, but let's not forget he produced Imagine as well, a pretty fine one.

I keep thinking of the scene where John is trying to sing some song (Jealous Guy?) in that movie and between he and Phil, John seems like the crazy one.

Of course, John never murdered anyone.

I keep thinking of the scene where John is trying to sing some song (Jealous Guy?) in that movie and between he and Phil, John seems like the crazy one.

Of course, John never murdered anyone.

I remember reading that Phil pulled out a gun and shot the ceiling when he was working with John. I think that would be a deal breaker for me.