Phil Spector Found Guilty

Yeah, the evidence was kind of overwhelming. I wonder if he'll be remembered more for his producing abilities or this...because this is virtually a death sentence for him. I doubt the guy has many years left in him.

I think, unfortunately, it'll be 50/50. The nut who was one of rock's greatest producers. He was always going to be remembered for being weird, but now that'll take front seat to his amazing productions. At the same time they should throw his moronic ass in jail.

Great producing aside, he's still a murderer at the end of the day.

That's my point as well. To hell with the "Wall of Sound". Good riddance. It makes me sad.

I wonder if he'll be remembered more for his producing abilities or this...because this is virtually a death sentence for him.

when you hear the name OJ Simpson, do you think of a hall of fame running back or a murderer?

same deal with spector

his producing genius will be forgotten

Great producing aside, he's still a murderer at the end of the day.

For the sake of public safety, dude should have been locked up quite some time ago.

You look at that photo and your first instinct is to look at that hair. But that mug underneath is no GQ ad. He looks like a turtle or something. There's nothing at all right about that picture.

You look at that photo and your first instinct is to look at that hair. But that mug underneath is no GQ ad. He looks like a turtle or something. There's nothing at all right about that picture.

What you should really be asking yourself is what kind of crazy fuckjob does his hair like that for a murder trial?

Good riddance.

There's nothing at all right about that picture.

I disagree. I think the kerchief, shirt, and jacket match up fairly smartly (though the buttons on the shirt kind of distract from the hair....).

That's my point as well. To hell with the "Wall of Sound". Good riddance. It makes me sad.

From now on, when you think of the Wall of Sound, just picture this bad-ass rig - it will make you feel MUCH better:

wallofsound737791.jpg

:thumbup

Murdering aside, he's still one of the greatest pop artists of the 20th century at the end of the day.

Well, lets say he came up with a great technique. He never ventured far from it. Oh, and he's a murderer.

Well, lets say he came up with a great technique. He never ventured far from it. Oh, and he's a murderer.

The sound he created for the Ronettes and many others in the sixties was wonderful. A deeper insight would probably show its claustrophobic and dement aspect as well. Which of course doesn't make it less fascinating.

The guy is really insane and should have been helped clinically. But they simply don't make artists like that anymore. I'm sure one day they'll make a movie. There's more to be told about him than Ray Charles or Johnny Cash, and morals will have nothing to do with it.

I never liked the production on All Things Must Pass. Too much going on in songs like Wah Wah.

Let It Be... Naked is WAY superior to Spector's version.

But, he held back on Plastic Ono Band, and that album is sparse genius...

Very well said, I agree on all accounts. I do still bust out my Phil Spector Christmas album every year as well.