animal collective merriweather post pavillion

I liked Straberry Jam, no!!! I loved straberry jam. Its the record that got me intrested in animal collective. This record was instantly better.

Instantly better than anything released last year and the year before. Is this their Srgt Peppers? NOOOO its not fuck that generation!!!

Hommie this is my day (kanye west). "If i could just leave my body for a night" and thats what it sounds like for real family.

Is it one of the best records of the decade yea probaly but thats not the point, the point is the moment.

In the moment of listening to this "electronic music" there is no past there is no death there is only LIFE so for those of you who think modern music aint as good as them old days your wrong, and if you think death will ever beat LIFE you are also wrong.

A+

I thought you were actually in Animal Collective.

looks at calendar... nope, it's not January... :unsure

ummmmmm.......... unlike the rest of the corprate rock crtics which includes pitchfork I allow a record to sink in before i review it.

aiats not aboutdeadlines its about the music man..................so like um yeah

i'm kidding, just found these 2 kind of out of the blue.

but yes, i understand... it's the first record of theirs i can say I truly enjoy too, prior to this album i found them to be the most overrated band of the '00's... they still might be, but at least they have an album I can listen to all the way through now :)

i'm kidding, just found these 2 kind of out of the blue.

prior to this album i found them to be the most overrated band of the '00's...

I know what you meant by overratted , but looking at it from another viewpoint i think animal collective and there contemporaries are so underated

not in indie circles but genrally.. what i mean is that this should be the music of this generation it should be on radiostations.

instead most teenagers are wasting their time worshiping pink floyd or bad dance / rap music

sadly their live show bored the absolute SHIT out of me a few years ago... i'm willing to give them another shot next month @ First Ave tho

yea im seing them next month aswell May 28 , Ive read that their not the "same" live it must be hard to recreate thei sond live

i hope it kicks ass

well straight up knob-twiddling doesn't usually interest me too much live unfortunately :/

And it ain't too fucking handy on the album either. Pure tosh.

looks at calendar... nope, it's not January... :unsure

The hype for this has collapsed in a way I've never seen before. Look for the street teamers to hit back hard.

sadly their live show bored the absolute SHIT out of me a few years ago... i'm willing to give them another shot next month @ First Ave tho

Don't do it. It's not even really live.

instead most teenagers are wasting their time worshiping pink floyd or bad dance / rap music

Umm..AC worships Barrett era Floyd and the Grateful Dead.