do you have a go-to song or riff that you play?

There's this fingerpicked jazz thing that I wrote, like, 15 years ago, that I can finally play the way it's supposed to be played. I've been tending to fall into that one recently.

I need to write some (decent) lyrics for it so that I can record it sometime soon.

"Merry Go Round" - The Replacements. Good for an electric soundcheck since it starts out loud and distorted, then pretty quickly goes to quieter and clean.

Tabs?

On electric, I always bust out the opening riffs from the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again".

Nothing quite like the satisfying kerrrang of that open A / G / D progression.

On acoustic, I usually pick out some "Ashes of American Flags" or "Paranoid Android" by

Radiohead.

With piano I'll play the intro to "Hell Is Chrome", or Wurly, I'll go with some "I Am The

Walrus".

I am a nerd, I realize.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have any go to songs but I play Zep's Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, yes I know it's a cover but I do it Zep style, and FMac's Oh Well a lot if I have an acoustic in my hands. If it comes down to noodling with an electric at some point Hideaway or The Stumble shows up.

• 1 month later...

Sorry Moss, but I figured that one out on my own. I can't comment on the accuracy of any tabs for that tune which may be floating out there.

:lol

No problem, I was just being lazy. That may be one of the easier Replacements songs to figure out. Damn Westerberg and all his open tunings.