Knoxville In-Store

Has this been mentioned? Just thought it was worthy of its own topic. I don't think the band have done an in-store in a really long time. I can only recall the infamous Chicago Tower Records instore in 1999. I believe that was broadcast live on the radio.

"To celebrate the DVD release and to lend support to independent record stores, the band will make an in-store appearance at Disc Exchange in Knoxville, TN on Saturday, April 18 at 2 pm."

I think this is really cool for them to do... if anyone goes from here please take pictures! This band will never get too big in their own minds to play any venue. If they pulled off a little acoustic performance it would even be sweeter, hopefully this gets recorded somehow.

I'll be there. I'm going to try and get there early enough to get a signed dvd but with a 4+ hour drive, not sure I'll make it. Will definitely be there by 2 pm though!

I am hoping for a performance but not counting on one. It may just be an autograph session.

They aren't signing just anything, according to the website.

I'll be there. I'm going to try and get there early enough to get a signed dvd but with a 4+ hour drive, not sure I'll make it. Will definitely be there by 2 pm though!

They aren't signing just anything, according to the website.

Nope, just DVDs purchased at the store. So I have to buy another one, which is OK because the one I pre-ordered still isn't here yet.

I do.

So is that I-40 construction really bad? Will I still be able to get to the record store using the Hall of Fame exit? (i'll be coming from the east on I-40 west). I have a Garmin but not sure if it picks up construction routes. Hopefully it does.

Nope, just DVDs purchased at the store. So I have to buy another one, which is OK because the one I pre-ordered still isn't here yet.

The small print says they'll only sign the first 150 DVDs sold. DVDs go on sale at 9 am. Laminates will be given to the purchasers, and will serve as your ticket to the signing. Only one DVD will be signed per purchaser.

So is that I-40 construction really bad? Will I still be able to get to the record store using the Hall of Fame exit? (i'll be coming from the east on I-40 west). I have a Garmin but not sure if it picks up construction routes. Hopefully it does.

It isn't too bad, and the Hall of Fame exit is before where it is closed from your direction (ar actually right at it.) When you see the I-40 detour on 640 or whatever it is - most of the other traffic will be taking the detour to get around the closed portion - stay on I-40 headed downtown. The Hall of Fame exit will be the last place you can get off, and you have to get off there because the interstate is closed there. Take Hall of Fame into downtown (turn left from the exit ramp) and your Garmin should get you the rest of the way there.

I cant wait! I'm trying to decide what time I need to get there in order to be one of the first 150. I'm thinking of leaving my house at 7:30, so i would be there before 8, I dont know if thats early enough though. Great job on Disc Exchange's part on getting the guys there, its really going to pull in the business.

It isn't too bad, and the Hall of Fame exit is before where it is closed from your direction (ar actually right at it.) When you see the I-40 detour on 640 or whatever it is - most of the other traffic will be taking the detour to get around the closed portion - stay on I-40 headed downtown. The Hall of Fame exit will be the last place you can get off, and you have to get off there because the interstate is closed there. Take Hall of Fame into downtown (turn left from the exit ramp) and your Garmin should get you the rest of the way there.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

seeing as I'm at the Hilton on Church Ave, it's just a short jump across the river from me.

Wendy and I are staying there, too.

I'll be driving up there from Atlanta at a ridiculous hour... hope I'm not too tired for the show that night after attempting this! I was sad to leave Atlanta's Record Store Day festivities... until I heard about this! :yay

Just got back from the in-store. I couldn't believe there weren't more people there. They still had unsold passes remaining when I left. I was expecting hordes of people.

Anyway, it was a pretty standard autograph line, and they wouldn't allow pictures WITH the band although you could take pictures OF the band.

Got to chat with a couple of them while meandering past. Glenn was very nice and reached out to shake my little girl's hand but she was too shy to reach back. Jeff gave her a mint from the bowl on the table.

No performance, at least while I was there but it didn't look like one was going to happen so I split.