I need a tad bit of assistance

If I was going to go the Torrent route to get the complete singles. I am using a MAC, what torrent download should I use, does it matter? Are there more reputable torrents vs. bad (I heard pirate bay was bad) ? Sorry i sound like an idiot on this. And does to download come in mp3 form so I can put it right into I tunes?

Whatever sites come up in Google when you search for The Complete Singles, is more likely than not, going to be one of those illegal BT sites.

Whatever sites come up in Google when you search for The Complete Singles, is more likely than not, going to be one of those illegal BT sites.

Ok, T Rex the Slider, you keep confusing me. Oh, I made my first attempt at the whole torrent thing and I will tell you about that some other time. No success yet. So, here is where i'm confused. You state above that the google search torrents are the illegal bittorrent sites. Are not all BT sites illegal? And if not, what BT site would you point me toward for the Complete Singles? Now my third question is, how did everyone on here come across the Wilco Complete Singles. did you compile them over the years like I have 90% of these tracks. Or did you all download them from the internet or Owl and Bear before they were removed?

I just got home from a 14 hour help a friend move day. Anyhow -

Ok, T Rex the Slider, you keep confusing me. Oh, I made my first attempt at the whole torrent thing and I will tell you about that some other time. No success yet. So, here is where i'm confused. You state above that the google search torrents are the illegal bittorrent sites.

Yes, When one searches for things in Google, things that one can get in trouble are listed in the search results. Kind of funny huh.

Are not all BT sites illegal?

No - not all of them are. That is not to say that one will not find a Led Zeppelin live AUD recorded show at Demonoid, but really, places like that are for grabbing commercial stuff. Let's be honest.

If you check out the BT sites listed in that thread I made (link in my signature section) then you are ok.

But - there are rules.

Check this out:

DimeTOS:Allowed Torrents

And if not, what BT site would you point me toward for the Complete Singles?

I don't think any non-illegal BT site would have them - as the collection contains commercially (whether they are out of print or not) available tracks. Some places differ in what they allow. I tend to go by what Dime a Dozen says.

Now my third question is, how did everyone on here come across the Wilco Complete Singles. did you compile them over the years like I have 90% of these tracks. Or did you all download them from the internet or Owl and Bear before they were removed?

I got the collection, plus the YHF demos, and whatnot, the old school way - B&P, or I should say, someone just sent me a copy of the cds way back when. Of course, someone compiled that collection at some point in the past. I don't know who that was though. There was also a time when I ripped the cds, and uploaded them to a file sharing site, and posted the links here for anyone to grab.

Oh - I have it.

I think Mr. noDep5 has been offered various ways to obtain the tracks he desires - he just needs to make up his mind and choose how he is going to get them.

Yea, I'm sure there's nothing Wilco you don't have!

I looked over the link and that would get me Don't You Honey Me, but not the three other tracks i'm looking for (thanks though). Ya know, I feel like I'm becoming annoying at this point. I really don't want to do the torrent option (even though I could rationalize it regarding this issue for ever) Just feels overtly wrong. So if anyone wants to help me out with the Complete Singles, cool. If not, maybe the songs I need will pop on a blog or somewhere else sometime.

I think that is part of it. Like I have said before, there is a line there somewhere, and we have to be careful about crossing it. I know it may seem odd, or whatever, but that is how it goes. Maybe that will change at some point.

Although - Outta Print, Outta Site (1 disc) and The Complete Singles 1994-2002 (3 discs) are out there, if people look around a bit.

Hey, messing around with the owl and bear demos and realized that The Good Part is listed on the YHF engineer demos. Does anyone know if this is the same version that appeared on the War on War single? If it is, I am now just down to Don't You Honey Me (only have on cassette), Childlike & Evergreen (only have on cassette), and Old Maid.

hey, Col. Habaplap I tried to send you a message but I can't get the message feature to work. Is it still down. Anyway, if you need my email. just let me know via this thread.

Well I'm just going to keep trying until it seems I'm begging or until my good name is ruined around here.

I came in seeking 5 songs and I have acquired three (2 at the used cd store and one from a blog)

I'm left with two I can't seem to get help with and were only released on limited time vinyl, so I'm at the will of the good folks here

Childlike & Evergreen (promo 7")

Don't You Honeyme (All Over The Place 10" EP)

If anyone could help a brother out, before he sounds completely desperate?

Trust me, look at my posts throughout time, I'm not just here trying to pick up songs. Wilco fan since the beautiful beginning.