I need a tad bit of assistance

Hey, longtime fan who is not overly internet savy and not into certain internet ways. Trying to track down a few Wilco songs that have elluded me and some that are no longer in print from soundtracks and what not. Any help and assistance and pointing me in the right way would be sweet.

How to Find MP3 Files Using Google

OR

Do a search on illegal Bit Torrent sites.

OR

Whatever was suggested the last time.

I have usually had success with google searches and exploring that way to find a song here or there that I'm searching for. Unfortunately not having luck with a few Wilco nuggets. I refuse to do the bit torrent thing. Maybe that makes me lazy or something, but that seems slimey in some way. Just a long time fan who owns every freaking thing they have done, wanting to fill in couple gaps of my completist mind.

Those are the only options I know of - besides someone sending you the songs after looking at this thread.

Thank you for your help, your suggestion and link about Google searches has helped in the past as I referred. I will sporadically also look at used CD stores for soundtracks and have had luck, but at some point I feel I have passed my qouta for purchasing of Wilco material and I'm ok with tracking down an out of print soundtrack song if need be, if you know where I'm coming from.

iTunes is pretty good with this, no?

Not always, some soundtracks are not available and on some you have to purchase the entire soundtrack to get the one Wilco song. I just recently spent 6 bucks at a used CD store on Me Myself and Irene for Any Major Dude, and that is cool, except for the rest of the songs being completely awful (except Pete Yorn's one song) . Airline to Heaven (alt version) for example is really hard to come by from the Jesus's Son Soundtrack. Anyway, that is my two cents.

Hey, longtime fan who is not overly internet savy and not into certain internet ways. Trying to track down a few Wilco songs that have elluded me and some that are no longer in print from soundtracks and what not. Any help and assistance and pointing me in the right way would be sweet.

Check your local Library.

I got Just A Kid there without having to buy the rest of the Spongebob soundtrack.

Yes, I know. There are a number of non album songs on I Tunes from Wilco. Let Me Come Home, Just A Kid, a few others I think and I have purchased them all on I Tunes. I know Airline To Heave (alt ver) is not on there.

I know I'm annoying for posting this in the first place, but for me it is tricky ground. I have spent quite a bid on Mr. Tweedy. Every Tupelo album twice, UT 7" singles, and all of that stuff. Every Wilco album on CD and Vinyl, a number of CD Singles about 7 soundtracks, 10 t shirts ,15 concerts, concert posters, etc etc. My point is that some stuff in not widely availlable or out of print (All Over The Place 10inch). And I feel (right or wrong) that if I can some how get my hands on the tunes I'm ok with that, because I know that if I walked into a record store and saw it I would probably fork over a resonable amount for it. Like when I spent upwards of $50 on UT Vinyl (still feel gone/march 16-20). The fact is I have never seen the All Over The Place 10inch besides on Ebay for outragoues amounts. And if you want to say that is life , I understand. I'm just saying that any help in my quest to collect Wilco songs would be wonderful, because this kid has paid his dues.

Now post how I'm rationalizing this if you must. Sorry for my whining.

Guest Speed Racer

For what it's worth, I don't think the alt. version of Airline is worth hunting for, for free or pay.

People have told you how to find them online, for free. People have told you how to find them online, for pay. If you want someone to email you the songs you may as well ask instead of 'rationalizing.'

For what it's worth, I don't think the alt. version of Airline is worth hunting for, for free or pay.

People have told you how to find them online, for free. People have told you how to find them online, for pay. If you want someone to email you the songs you may as well ask instead of 'rationalizing.'

Can someone please help me out with the Wilco Singles 1994-2002. Are you happy, I said it, I said it, OMG I said it. :mellow

Oh and from what I remember from watching Jesus's Son, I was rather fond of the version played during the movie credits.

Ok, here is another try. I went through all of my Wilco non album tracks that I have purchased and I have a short list of what I'm missing. Although I would love to get my hands on the The Wilco Singles 1994-2002, here is what is missing that I'm searching for. Even though I have a bunch of official live released songs and demos, I'm mostly wanting non album studio tracks or demos that never saw a proper release

Childlike & Evergreen

Don't You Honey Me

The Good Part

Old Maid

Airline To Heaven (alt ver)

any help would be appreciated!

I know you are not willing to do BT, but if you changed your mind, you could get all of those tracks right away.

And I still believe that those can be found on a Mp3 blog somewhere.

I know you are not willing to do BT, but if you changed your mind, you could get all of those tracks right away.

And I still believe that those can be found on a Mp3 blog somewhere.

The whole BT thing for me is a combination of lack of understanding and belief that it is overtly slimey. I have never and will never be cool with people pulling down torrents of albums that are availalbe in stores or on I tunes, and I see this alot from torrent sites. I usually have luck getting a random mp3 of a rare song release from blogs, but am struggling with those i mentioned. I would be wililng to possibly use a torrent for the Wilco singles for example, but would prefer to not even get involved in torrents.

Guest Speed Racer
The whole BT thing for me is a combination of lack of understanding and belief that it is overtly slimey. I have never and will never be cool with people pulling down torrents of albums that are availalbe in stores or on I tunes, and I see this alot from torrent sites.

A lot of people are shitty drivers, but that doesn't keep me from driving, and obeying the law while doing so.

The BT thing is pretty easy to figure out, wicked quick for what you need to download, and legit if you're downloading OOP stuff.

A lot of people are shitty drivers, but that doesn't keep me from driving, and obeying the law while doing so.

The BT thing is pretty easy to figure out, wicked quick for what you need to download, and legit if you're downloading OOP stuff.

These logic arguements make me feel like a lot of you guys on here are debate team members.

You guys make me feel stupid. I kid. I guess it is a moral dilemna that I would love to bypass by a kind soul who already has these saying hey fellow Wilco fan here is what you need. But maybe I also need to educate my self on torrents. Wasn't there just a thread on this last week?

The whole BT thing for me is a combination of lack of understanding and belief that it is overtly slimey. I have never and will never be cool with people pulling down torrents of albums that are availalbe in stores or on I tunes, and I see this alot from torrent sites. I usually have luck getting a random mp3 of a rare song release from blogs, but am struggling with those i mentioned. I would be wililng to possibly use a torrent for the Wilco singles for example, but would prefer to not even get involved in torrents.

I can respect that. I am not a big fan of converting things to Mp3 anymore, but if no on else steps up, I will send you FLAC files of you what you need. Although, I don't think I will be around tonight until late, and I may be out and about all day tomorrow.

I can respect that. I am not a big fan of converting things to Mp3 anymore, but if no on else steps up, I will send you FLAC files of you what you need. Although, I don't think I will be around tonight until late, and I may be out and about all day tomorrow.

I've waited for some of these since 1994, i can wait all weekend. Thanks for all your guys help

If I was going to go the Torrent route to get the complete singles. I am using a MAC, what torrent download should I use, does it matter? Are there more reputable torrents vs. bad (I heard pirate bay was bad) ? Sorry i sound like an idiot on this. And does to download come in mp3 form so I can put it right into I tunes?