Lovely collection of Spector-esque pop from the Scottish collective. Very Spector, upbeat, string-laden, reverb-drenched pop songs - sounds like the Ronettes, Shangri-Las and Supremes all rolled into one. Recommended summer listening.

Lovely collection of Spector-esque pop from the Scottish collective. Very Spector, upbeat, string-laden, reverb-drenched pop songs - sounds like the Ronettes, Shangri-Las and Supremes all rolled into one. Recommended summer listening.

Good to hear. Liked their last album a lot.

• 3 months later...

Finally heard this band last night thanks to World Cafe. Great session here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112064173&ft=1&f=1103

and they're coming near me in October. Anyone seen them live?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/08/21/camera-obscura-announces-another-lengthy-world-tour/

I saw them in Chicago in Feb. 2007. Was underwhelmed...

• 9 months later...

I'm really getting into this band. Love the lead singers voice, and love the dreamy, reverb drenched sound of their latest record. I must get more, and will definitely be getting 'Underachievers Try Harder' as recommended by Mr. Solace.

I saw them in Chicago in Feb. 2007. Was underwhelmed...

Underwhelmed? That's too bad.. Hopefully their live show has improved some, they sound great in youtube clips. I'm going to be seeing them in a pretty small place in Asheville tomorrow night. Pretty stoked. :)

I like that "French Navy" song.

I am kind of underwhelmed with them too. I only checked them out because I am seeing them soon but they are 4th on the bill behind Villagers, Midlake and Grizzly Bear so I may not even pay them that much attention then either.