and its pretty funny that you feel "entitled" to better tickets

I just DO NOT feel entitled to better seats, but I paid for them. When I bought them (and I bought them paying a higher price (72€, 100$) than the most expensive ticket for the standard sale), they were being advertised as first and second rows seat stalls. Then I've been fortunate enough and received last rows in stalls, but I know of people who has received seats in balcony and last rows in the entire theater...

..and sorry for my english, it's a "work in progress" :lol , sometimes it's hard to express yourself without knowing the subtilities of a non-native language :(

sorry that you're getting to see a show and have to sit a whole 29 rows away from the band, my heart aches for you

Wow, are you having a bad day thagle?

365048046.jpg

Sunken Mtn., I think 29 rows back is indeed a ways back. In my experience, presales are not worth participating in vs. being online ready to buy tickets at the exact time when they officially go onsale. I have found that I'm almost always offered seats that are indeed not that good. But at least I've always known what the choice is upfront. A blind presale is a weird concept. All the best, I'm sure you won't make this mistake twice.

i didnt know you lived in spain, but

sorry that you're getting to see a show and have to sit a whole 29 rows away from the band, my heart aches for you

Oh,sorry,you can read Spain in my info (under the awesome nudie suit of Jeff).I

Sunken Mtn., I think 29 rows back is indeed a ways back. In my experience, presales are not worth participating in vs. being online ready to buy tickets at the exact time when they officially go onsale. I have found that I'm almost always offered seats that are indeed not that good. But at least I've always known what the choice is upfront. A blind presale is a weird concept. All the best, I'm sure you won't make this mistake twice.

Thank you,Carl.I suppose I was a little innocent about this stuff.I just had two experiences before with presales ,one of them with the Jeff solo show last year here in Mallorca,and everything was OK:I can choose my seats without problems.

Anyways,the e-mail from the promoter sended today is very hopeful, and Helen,- from Sandbag -,says that they have a lot of complaints with the presale of this show (so I

I dont want to come of as a dickhead but c'mon quit crying you got tickets to go see Wilco in a small venue in SPAIN.

bottom line enjoy the show and quit bitching

You need to put in more effort if your goal is to not come off as a dickhead. Whether the presale is intended to provide the opportunity for better seats or just to give you a jump on the public, is irrelevant. Whether the 29th row of a 41 seat venue makes for good or bad seats is irrelevant. All that is relevant is that a fellow Wilco fan is sincerely upset over a ticket situation. What is the point of saying things that could further upset someone, no matter how wrong you believe that they are, especially when it doesn't directly affect you?

Other people either offered empathy or mentioned how they believe presales work as a simple point of information for the future without the needless moralizing.

That is what really chaps my ass about this board. If some of you would cease with the continual pointing out of irrelevant mistakes people may or may not make, this board would totally rock. I am glad that I don't require that kind of self-validation. (Of course, this post could be seen as self-righteous moralizing, therefore pegging me as a hypocrite in addition to being a lip-syncing weirdo. Shit)

All that is relevant is that a fellow Wilco fan is sincerely upset over a ticket situation. What is the point of saying things that could further upset someone, no matter how wrong you believe that they are, especially when it doesn't directly affect you?

Other people either offered empathy or mentioned how they believe presales work as a simple point of information for the future without the needless moralizing.

:worship

I hope have a good level of English in a couple of years or so to express my opinion like that,meanwhile,thank you, dcarter.

dcarter

my point is that she's going to see wilco and got pretty good tickets which she pre-ordered

be happy that you're going to see your favorite band in a situation where the dont play too often and quit complaining about the nuainces of being 29 rows vs 9 rows back

The wonderful English troubadour, Robyn Hitchcock.

I took that photo a few years back at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle. Robyn was in fine form that night playing with the Venus 3 :guitar

dcarter

my point is that she's going to see wilco and got pretty good tickets which she pre-ordered

be happy that you're going to see your favorite band in a situation where the dont play too often and quit complaining about the nuainces of being 29 rows vs 9 rows back

Jaysus, you are a hardcore dickhead. After several folks castigating you, you are still incapable or unwilling to say, "In retrospect, I sounded like an ass. I can understand the frustration you are feeling. At least you are getting to see Wilco. Enjoy the show.". Is it that important to you to be 'right'?

I am finished trying to change your mind. If the pm function was working, I'd say pm me if you want to keep this going. Since it isn't, feel free to respond however you like, I'm done. Do something you enjoy this weekend.

At VC, if you are the person who starts a thread, you have the ability to lock it yourself whenever you want it closed.

I'm not sure where on your screen you do this (my screen is different from yours) ... but if you snoop around, you'll find it probably down at the bottom of any page of the thread, by clicking on some drop-down box somewhere. It will say "Close this topic"