I remember read something about the pre-sale of tickets and this Sandbag people ago,and today I need your help and solace.

I bought four tickets for one of the Wilco shows in Spain in a pre order the last January 17 th:first day of sale.Well,today I receive my tickets and I have the 29 th row.Yes,you

You're not the first person this has happened to with Spanish shows. it's tough because they don't tell you which tickets you have before purchase. If you'd like to contact Wilcoworld, the address is (or was) hq@wilcoworld.net.

I have received an email from the Madrid Wilco show organization concerning the withdrawal of tickets on box office.

There's a line that really worries me:

Igualmente os indicamos que los asientos adquiridos en las filas 1 del recinto se han reubicado a otras filas en el mismo con el fin de ofrecerles mejores calidades, ya que estas filas N

This is really very discouraging re: future Wilco shows. If they allow their so-called presale ticket agencies to rip off their truest fans whilst people who just buy over the internet at a normal ticket agency get way better seats, where is the point?

I haven't bought via Wilcoworld in ages, just because it has always been a pain in the a.. to deal with sandbag anyway, they're completely hopeless.

Like I said, Bea, it's in no way your fault! I know what Jeff looks like from close you know ;) You should write a complaint to Wilcoworld as well as to helen@sandbag.co.uk, she's used to dealing with hysterical REM fans (and trust me, when I say hysterical, I mean it :P), and she should be made aware that they yet again managed to seriously let people down.

I'm not really fussed about it that much, this is more of a holiday, meeting up with Brianne & Paul and you two, not to mention my parents, so the shows are a nice extra, which we can still enjoy from row 19 or row 29. :) How about London August 25th ;)? We have standing tickets and intend to be right at the front :lol

I wish I could be more helpful, but: Hasn't this always been this way? I always assumed presales had a random allotment of tickets.

I wish I could be more helpful, but: Hasn't this always been this way? I always assumed presales had a random allotment of tickets.

that's how it was with MusicToday, just because you got in on the presale didn't mean you were getting good seats.

I can't believe they wouldn't tell you what seats you get before you buy. The random thing is normal over here but you can at least throw your tickets back and try again if they are really bad. Here is the email for Tony Margherita's company: info@tmmchi.com

Presales are good if you're pretty sure a show is going to sell out fast. If not, I usually call the box office and they will help you pick out the best seat (they know the venue) and maybe even get you good tickets that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

I'm confused

so you pre-ordered tickets and got tickets to a small show in Spain which apparently was tough to get tickets to. Others obviously had problems getting tickets. Yet you are complaining about being in the 29th row? Were you entitled to better seats?

I dont want to come of as a dickhead but c'mon quit crying you got tickets to go see Wilco in a small venue in SPAIN.

Presales guarantee an alotment of tickets to a show, the tickets distributed in a presale are all over the venue. Great seats are reserved for sale by the venue and general onsale dates

bottom line enjoy the show and quit bitching

Uh, thagle, are you aware that she lives in Spain? It isn't as though she said, "Say, Wilco is playing in Spain. If I can get tickets, I'll get a flight from Beeswax, Idaho. Oooh, ooh, I'll also talk some friends into going and get tickets for them. They'll fly in from Phlegmville, Missouri. It'll be cool!"

I don't want to come off as a dickhead but you sound like a dickhead.

dcarter, you beat me to it.

IMHO, the Wilco presale indeed is meant to make sure that fans who are signed up for it get better tickets than people who buy tickets weeks later through a normal ticket agency. This didn't happen, it was exactly the other way round. I know for sure because I am the fan Bea talked about who bought tickets at some random ticket agency (they are for my parents who MIGHT want to go as well, seeing as we are meeting them in San Sebastian), and the tickets I got a confirmation about are 19th row, whilst Bea got 29th through the Wilcoworld presale.

I don't understand that at all, although like I said this trip for me is more about meeting friends & family and finally having some time off an insane work schedule, and I have been through so much "presale" hassle when I was still frantic about REM that things like that don't really bother me as much, but I sure as hell would like to know the management's explanation of the word "presale for fans".

I got 11th row seats instead of first row for Madrid (as advertised in the presale web).. But I should not complaint, as another guy who also bought tickets in the wilco presale got last rows in first floor...

I know for sure this is not what any fan would expect when speaking of "wilco fan tickets presale"

Thanks dcarter,kisses Dunja.

For the confused people:

1.-I live in Spain (an small country if you compare it with Texas,for example) place apparently loved by Wilco and staff,and I try to go to the Wilco shows which are four,five hours driving from my home (I hate planes,I haven

dcarter, you beat me to it.

IMHO, the Wilco presale indeed is meant to make sure that fans who are signed up for it get better tickets than people who buy tickets weeks later through a normal ticket agency.

but it's not, nor has it ever been. the presales account for ~10% of the tickets available for sale, that's all. there's never been any guarantee that just because you got tickets via the presale that you were going to get the best seats.

Now in a more serious mood: I don't think we (people who bought presale tickets for Spanish shows) are criticizing just for criticism's sake. I don't think selling last rows seats as pre-sale, or buying firsts rows ticktes and receiving random placed seats is what we expect from the "pre-sale for fans" concept... and if that's what we can expect, then I don't see the point of doing the presale at all.

I am not blaming anyone, because I really don't know who's to blame, but I do know that I won't be buying presale ticktets next time.. and that's sad :ohwell

That's how it's always been in the States. I'm used to it. Maybe you shouldn't use presale if you have another method to get tickets.

"and if that's what we can expect, then I don't see the point of doing the presale at all."

the point of a pre-sale is to give fans insider-type information with the purpose of giving you a chance to secure seats to a show that may quickly sell out

i didnt know you lived in spain, but

sorry that you're getting to see a show and have to sit a whole 29 rows away from the band, my heart aches for you

and its pretty funny that you feel "entitled" to better tickets

thagle, you need to cut them some slack for the language barrier. Maybe "entitled" isn't a perfectly translated word. Perhaps it was more of an "expectation" okay?

I don't like buying tickets blindly, not knowing the seats you will be given. It's a total gamble. I have done it (they were not Wilcoworld sanctioned presales though) and I got "okay" seats, much better than what is being discussed here thankfully -- but I still don't like it.

Have any of Wilco's presales used that method in the past? None to my experience.