I thought I'd start a thread for when late night comedians actually come up something that's clever and funny that takes jabs at Barack Obama. Besides SNL, Obama has been pretty much untouchable since the election.

So it was refreshing to see a bit on Jimmy Fallon that, while not mean-spirited and personal like the millions of anti-Bush and Cheney jokes that still flood the late night shows, found a way to jab President Obama, however so lightly:

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2009/04/jimmy-fallon-obama-facial-expressions.html

• Like 1

You sure do seem to take Bush/Cheney jokes personally. You do understand why comedians and comedy shows go after them, right? They hopped all over "Governor" Blajovech as well. It isn't party lines necessarily. Bush and Cheney did a horrific job despite how you see it in your world.

I thought I'd start a thread for when late night comedians actually come up something that's clever and funny that takes jabs at Barack Obama. Besides SNL, Obama has been pretty much untouchable since the election.

So it was refreshing to see a bit on Jimmy Fallon that, while not mean-spirited and personal like the millions of anti-Bush and Cheney jokes that still flood the late night shows, found a way to jab President Obama, however so lightly:

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2009/04/jimmy-fallon-obama-facial-expressions.html

I guess you don't watch The Daily Show. Obama gets something basically everytime I see it.

You sure do seem to take Bush/Cheney jokes personally. You do understand why comedians and comedy shows go after them, right? They hopped all over "Governor" Blajovech as well. It isn't party lines necessarily. Bush and Cheney did a horrific job despite how you see it in your world.

This isn't a thread to argue politics.

It's just here for people to post good, quality jokes and comedic bits that lampoon our President.

• Like 1
Guest Speed Racer

The funniest Obama joke I have heard is when he always brags about the number of jobs he has "saved or created." I would like to know how you count a "saved" job. It makes me laugh.

A few months ago, a window factory in northern Minnesota announced it was closing, costing the town it was in about 200 jobs. Due to the recent implementation of energy-tax credits, the closed factory re-opened about a month later, and is now doing quite well. Don't really care whose administration that tax incentive was under, I would count those as saved jobs.

A few months ago, a window factory in northern Minnesota announced it was closing, costing the town it was in about 200 jobs. Due to the recent implementation of energy-tax credits, the closed factory re-opened about a month later, and is now doing quite well. Don't really care whose administration that tax incentive was under, I would count those as saved jobs.

I read that and was like "where's the joke?" and then I realized it's a story. Ooooops. :hmm

I read that and was like "where's the joke?" and then I realized it's a story. Ooooops. :hmm

Well, it is funny in that it pwned* the previous poster.

*That's a word, right?

The funniest Obama joke I have heard is when he always brags about the number of jobs he has "saved or created." I would like to know how you count a "saved" job. It makes me laugh.

Not sure I understand. Wouldn't a saved job be any job that still exists at AIG or Chrysler or GM or Merrill Lynch, etc.?

If the factory had already closed, then wouldn't the re-opening of the factory create jobs that had been lost? I just don't see how you can legitimately make a claim about a saved job or that a specific program saved a job. There are many factors. It just seems like an empty piece of rhetoric and one that can be easily manipulated.

If the factory had already closed, then wouldn't the re-opening of the factory create jobs that had been lost? I just don't see how you can legitimately make a claim about a saved job or that a specific program saved a job. There are many factors. It just seems like an empty piece of rhetoric and one that can be easily manipulated.

Aren't you sort of splitting hairs at this point? The people got their jobs back thanks to the factory re-opening, and if that's not having your job saved from the abyss, I'm not sure what is.

When you look at it that way, what could possibly not be empty rhetoric?

Social Darwinism?

Oh, stop it. You guys are killing me with laughter.

See? There's not much out there yet of late night comedians actually poking fun of Obama. I don't watch Stewart that much, but the bits I've found aren't really making fun of Obama himself, but rather Biden or people around Obama. Feel free to post a link if I'm missing some.

So far, this thread has produced ONE funny bit that (slightly) makes fun of Obama....that would be the Jimmy Fallon skit I posted at the start.

Do you have any suggestions for material? Some presidents don't lend themselves to parody as well as others. Bill Clinton was Bubba, George W Bush was a fucking idiot, so those two were serving it up on a platter to writers. What traits of Obama's lend themselves to one-liners? He's a nerd, for one thing. I think that could be mined a little better. Other than that....

Do you have any suggestions for material? Some presidents don't lend themselves to parody as well as others. Bill Clinton was Bubba, George W Bush was a fucking idiot, so those two were serving it up on a platter to writers. What traits of Obama's lend themselves to one-liners? He's a nerd, for one thing. I think that could be mined a little better. Other than that....

I seem to recall an SNL skit a year or so ago where Armisen/Obama hosted a show. He was super cool and the "show" had a hip, party vibe to it. Obama DOES come across like he's super cool (arrogant?)....even has the strut when we walks. And he kinda talks in a cool way. Something along those lines could be mined. Almost like the Ladies Man skits.

He HAS had his problems with/without the telemprompter. He's a FANTASTIC speaker, but I find him very calculating and dull when on one-and-one or off-the-cuff interviews. And he had a phase where he was talking almost too doom-and-gloom about our economy. His dull way of speaking combined with his somber messages could almost make him a Debbie Downer-like character.

He's made decisions on defense that seem way more Conservative than what he promised before being elected.

He had the incident where he tried to open a "door" that was actually a window on the White House.

He's had a handful of other gaffes: bowing to the Saudi leader, the unfortunate slip of Special Olympics on Leno, his 57 states mis-speak, among many others.

HELL. I'm not a freaking comedy writer. Letterman had a Bush-ism and other such DAILY Bush bits. Even if done in a harmless way like Fallon did last night, comedy writers can have fun with Obama.....IF THEY WANT TO. That's the key. I don't think they want to. Why take the harder road when they can write the easy Bush-is-a-moron joke or a Dick-Cheney-is-old joke?

• Like 1

The one bit from the Daily Show (and believe me I can count on both hands how many times I've watched some of the show) when Obama and Biden were ordering burgers and it took BO a long time just to order what type of cheese and topping. Stewart went on to mock the prez and said something like, you know that wasn't in New York because people in the back of the line would be bitchin' no matter WHO was ordering. It was a jab at him but the funniest part was the impersonation of Biden ordering.

Guest Speed Racer

HELL. I'm not a freaking comedy writer. Letterman had a Bush-ism and other such DAILY Bush bits. Even if done in a harmless way like Fallon did last night, comedy writers can have fun with Obama.....IF THEY WANT TO. That's the key. I don't think they want to. Why take the harder road when they can write the easy Bush-is-a-moron joke or a Dick-Cheney-is-old joke?

Okay, you're living in a box if you didn't catch all the flak he got for whacking his head, the Special Olympics joke and teleprompter gaffes. Seriously, I don't own a television and I know there was stuff on TV about that, so carm down.

Also, I don't think he has done anything quite as soundbyte-y as "is our children learning?" Yes, they CAN make fun of him, if they want to, but most of it is just dorky stuff that any dorky person would do, and then it just looks like you're teasing our dorky president.

The Daily Show has really good bits (the White House concert series stuff that they make fun of, for instance) that directly addresses the stupid stuff Obama does - not his staff, but him. If you really want to watch him get made fun of, watch the Daily Show regularly.

I really think the talk shows sound like they're making fun of Ward Cleaver when they tease Obama - I don't think it's them though, I think it's him.

Does this count?

On one of those blooper shows they had a segment from a news program (Sadly it was a Fox affiliate, local programming though) Anyhow the segment appeared to be on relationships and or affection. The woman speaking said that the Obama