Aww. Truly one of the greats.

A true giant of his profession. A proper journalistic totem. The likes of Cronkite and Murrow will never be seen again and that is completely disheartening.

A true giant of his profession. A proper journalistic totem. The likes of Cronkite and Murrow will never be seen again and that is completely disheartening.

I think "journalism" will be buried with him. Accurate and original reporting has ceased to exist, the gray areas of what's acceptable in reporting -- verifying sources, getting content on the record versus reporting gossip or regurgitating other publication's gossip -- have been given up in the noise that media and the Web bleats today. That he would die with his reputation foreign to so many makes his passing even sadder.

I think "journalism" will be buried with him. Accurate and original reporting has ceased to exist

That's a bit of hyperbole. There's some really good reporting still going on. NPR comes to mind.

That's a bit of hyperbole. There's some really good reporting still going on. NPR comes to mind.

NPR is dismissed as liberal rubbish. Another conservative regime could squeeze the last life out of it. It's a process of erosion -- institutions like NPR, and PBS are fighting to hold a line when everything else is working against it. The world phenomenon is millions of people speaking their minds in 140 characters -- AND NOBODY LISTENING.

NPR is dismissed as liberal rubbish. Another conservative regime could squeeze the last life out of it. It's a process of erosion -- institutions like NPR, and PBS are fighting to hold a line when everything else is working against it. The world phenomenon is millions of people speaking their minds in 140 characters -- AND NOBODY LISTENING.

And what does anything you said have to do with my statement?

The erosion of journalistic integrity is NOT hyperbole.

I didn't say it was. I said "accurate and original reporting has ceased to exist" was a bit of hyperbole. And used NPR as a example. That's all.