Misunderstood

Spiders

---

Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

Hoodoo Voodoo

I'm A Wheel

Off at ~ 10:45

Seeing "Too Far Apart" in there makes me very happy.

Me too! Yay for you Maine folks! I am sad (beyond) to have missed the show, but happy the band gave you such a great setlist! Waiting for more details...Laurie, Rick, Paul, Leigh and Dan.., :)

That was my first Wilco concert and it was incredible. Yeah, Too Far Apart, almost didn't recognize it at first. Is it just me or did anyone else think that Jeff's vocals sounded a bit funny? Like he was singing through a cloud of helium? Still a great show though. Conor Oberst and his band surprised me too, way more intense than I was expecting.

Great show, really cool venue. For me the best moment of the show was when a ferry pulled away from the pier during Jesus Etc. They honked their horn, folks on the deck were waving to us in the crowd, and the band waved back to the people on the boat mid song. Jeff looked like he was holding back some laughter at that point, big smile on his face. After the song Jeff said "I thought those people would never leave...freeloaders.." or something to that effect. It was a nice moment.

That was my first Wilco concert and it was incredible. Yeah, Too Far Apart, almost didn't recognize it at first. Is it just me or did anyone else think that Jeff's vocals sounded a bit funny? Like he was singing through a cloud of helium? Still a great show though. Conor Oberst and his band surprised me too, way more intense than I was expecting.

what does a cloud of helium sound like?

This was a wonderful show! Great crowd, beautiful setting and the band seemed to really enjoy themselves.

At one point, the band took turns emulating the sound of the ferry horn. Another nice moment: during "The Late Greats", a ferry pulled out of the harbor and the entire top deck was lined with people dancing to the song.

Number of "nothings" during Misunderstood: 44

I'm kind of a short guy and it was difficult to see at times but the lone taper allowed me to share his space (if you're here and you read this...thanks!) which made it much more enjoyable for me. He told me he should have the show up on BT.Etree within a day or two. Can't wait to listen again!

This was a wonderful show! Great crowd, beautiful setting and the band seemed to really enjoy themselves.

At one point, the band took turns emulating the sound of the ferry horn. Another nice moment: during "The Late Greats", a ferry pulled out of the harbor and the entire top deck was lined with people dancing to the song.

Number of "nothings" during Misunderstood: 44

I'm kind of a short guy and it was difficult to see at times but the lone taper allowed me to share his space (if you're here and you read this...thanks!) which made it much more enjoyable for me. He told me he should have the show up on BT.Etree within a day or two. Can't wait to listen again!

yep that was me, we both got 44 lol. I got to go to work here at 12 going to track when I get home. Thanks for the cokes and watching my stuff

yep that was me, we both got 44 lol. I got to go to work here at 12 going to track when I get home. Thanks for the cokes and watching my stuff

It was great to meet you. Thanks for taping the show! I look forward to downloading and listening tomorrow.

I wrote up a lengthy review, and then accidently clicked the escape button, which apparently erases everything. So, I think I'll just do some bullets:

-I got there about 3 hrs early to get in line to secure a decent spot. My father and I ended up meeting some really nice people and struck up good conversation that helped the time pass in an unusually quick manner.

-A bit flustered when the gates opened, we ended up on the under twenty-one side. I can't say I care for this type of crowd separation as the crowd dynamic is a bit strange. It seemed to me that the people on our side were more interested in Conor, but that may have just been those folks in my immediate peripheral.

-First off... The sound here was much better than it was in Lowell. The MVB were enjoyable, and as I mentioned the entire crowd seemed more responsive than Lowell (which is my only other previous Wilco experience).

-Wilco were great. The variation in setlist proved to be for the better. I had a great view of Glen this time around, and found his performance to be so incredibly captivating. I was also surprised at Pat's enthusiasm, he was so much more animated at this show then he was when I last them.

-All in all, I had a great time. I was thankful Mother Nature spared us of the heavy rain until we were about a half-hour from home. What a show! I think I've been persuaded to make every effort to catch this band when they tour the North East.

Great show, had a really good time, music was awesome. Misunderstood is freakin amazing, and I loved the encore. They sound unreal right now.

The thing that bothered me was the whole beer situation...you needed a ticket to get a beer, and then once you found a person with tickets and obtained the beer, you could not go back into the other section until you were finished your beer. The over 21 section was terrible because there was a huge tent set up and you could not see the stage from next to the bar. The whole ticket thing pissed me off, and i let them know about it in my drunken stupor when i couldn't find any tickets. Anyways, just got back from maine. hung over. nap time.

have read vc for a long, long time - figured it was finally time to join the fun.

last night's show was, as always, a terrific performance. got a ticket at the last minute (thursday night!) and am so glad i was able to make it up to portland.

conor won me over a bit more than last week's lowell show...i dont know him very well and really wasnt that impressed...but thought he & the band were much more captivating last night. it may have been because of a different set list (not sure if/how different?) but it seemed to be more of a rocking set. if i remember correctly, the guitarist sang the opening song - i thought that was surprising? they went on at 6:58 and played til 7:55 - not kidding around with those set times!

wilco's set change was much faster than at lowell...half hour instead of an hour. nice! the sound did seem a bit weird - very muffled for much of the show. the volume could have been up higher (people were shouting "louder" around me)...but i wonder if the sound was just being lost to the ocean...it was a bit windy? it was bizarre though, for conor's set it was too loud to talk to the person next to you - but during wilco it was easy to hear people's conversations. i was back by the soundboard...and im sure the sound was much louder up front.

anyways - the band rocked! the first 8 songs were in the same sequence as lowell...but then bam, totally different second half of the show (although granted, some of the songs would have been played if lowell hadnt been rained out). sooo fun. finally box full of letters! (have been waiting for that) and too far apart was amaaazing. misunderstood into spiders was awesome...during spiders instead of going into the crowed jeff brought the guitar back to mikael and let him play...with the pillow and everything! hoodoo voodoo - i loved the new arrangement. the guitar-off between nels and pat!! and i'm a wheel to close it, perfection. loved hearing the new songs again...black bull nova especially.

the venue was neat - right on the pier. the boats coming and going definitely added a little something...i agree, the boat/horn bits were hilarious. yea...after jesus, etc jeff said something like "thank god they're finally gone...i thought they would never leave!" and made the freeloaders comment ("this is for charity!") haha. there was also some amusing banter with some guy up front (perhaps he's on here?)...jeff called him something like "the best fan of all time." the guy apparently kept saying "you guys sound awesome!" and jeff said he should join them on tour as an ego-tech. i would totally apply for that job!!

i will say that from where i was standing - the crowd was unfortunately pretty dull. people really didnt seem to be into the show much at all (lots of talking & like zero movement/dancing at all!) like...so bad in fact that people were hardly clapping between songs! i have been to a bunch of shows and hadnt seen that before, so that was a little strange. like i said - i was pretty far back, so maybe it was just where i was standing...but too bad people didnt seem to be enjoying themselves more.

all in all though, another memorable evening with the lovely wilco. hoping they're back in the northeast soon!!

looking forward to hanging out here at vc!

About what I said about Jeff's voice, I guess it was just me, or at least the area I was standing. His voice sounds fine on the videos that have already made it on to youtube. As far as the crowd goes, I was probably no more than 15ft from the stage, almost in line with the speaker on the non-21 side and everyone seem pretty lively to me. I accidentally elbowed the girl next to me during the clapping part of Spiders. Haha she didn't seem to mind though.

On at ~ 8:25

Wilco (the song)

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Shot In The Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

One Wing

Handshake Drugs

Deeper Down

Jesus etc

Impossible Germany

Too Far Apart

California Stars

Sonny Feeling

Boxful of Letters

I Can't Stand It

Hate It Here

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

---

Misunderstood

Spiders

---

Late Greats

Heavy Metal Drummer

Hoodoo Voodoo

I'm A Wheel

Off at ~ 10:45

Does anyone happen to have Conor Oberst and the MVB's setlist as well?

Does anyone happen to have Conor Oberst and the MVB's setlist as well?

I don't know the setlist verbatim, but I do know they played 13 songs. I can recall most, just not in the correct order: Die in Hospital, Moab, Ten Woman, Big Black Nothing, Nikorette, Snake Hill, Slowly, Danny Callahan, Souled Out, NYC-Gone, Cape Canaveral and maybe Air Mattress.... I'm missing one, cant recall what it is.. TBH, I'm surprised I remember all of others! Hope this helps.

Conners stage list had

1. Air Mattress

2. Sausalito

3. Nikorette

4. Ten Women

5. Slowly (Oh So Slowly)

6. Big Black Nothing

7. Danny Callahan

8. NYC – Gone Gone

9. Souled Out!!!

10. Cape Canaveral

11. I Don't Want To Die (In A Hospital)