Wilco 07/23/2009, 10,000 Lakes Festival, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota

I'm happy Country Disappeared got played even if it was the last US Summer show.

I was wondering about the gig too. I thought it didn't happen since nothing showed up on here.

Is VC the nexus of the universe? I think it might just be.

Holy crap, I totally missed that reading through the setlist.

I posted the link, and I missed it, too! It's nice to see it made a setlist. Now I can hold out hope that it will be on the setlist of a show I attend.

I was at the show. My 4th Wilco show and it was amazing. The festival vibe was great, a lot more dancing and crowd frenzy than the other Wilco shows I've been to (once I was actually asked to SIT DOWN by someone behind me!). The only slightly oddball thing was that they played one blistering 2 hour set with no encores. I know with festivals they have sort of a strict set time... but it would have been nice to see an encore.

One of the highlights of the show was when Tweedy asked the crowd to throw all their glow sticks on stage. It looked like thousands of them were flying up there... after a while Jeff actually had to ask people to stop because they were hitting him in the head. The new album played great live, especially Country Disappeared and One Wing. Biggest surprise song for me was Can't Stand It. Only disappointment was Walken, which they played near the end of the set. Nels' solo during Impossible Germany was a lot different than I've heard it before. It started out sort of how he played it on the Kicking Television album, but after that it went way off the recorded track which I thought was awesome. Great show, can't wait to see them in October!

I was at the show. My 4th Wilco show and it was amazing. The festival vibe was great, a lot more dancing and crowd frenzy than the other Wilco shows I've been to (once I was actually asked to SIT DOWN by someone behind me!). The only slightly oddball thing was that they played one blistering 2 hour set with no encores. I know with festivals they have sort of a strict set time... but it would have been nice to see an encore.

One of the highlights of the show was when Tweedy asked the crowd to throw all their glow sticks on stage. It looked like thousands of them were flying up there... after a while Jeff actually had to ask people to stop because they were hitting him in the head. The new album played great live, especially Country Disappeared and One Wing. Biggest surprise song for me was Can't Stand It. Only disappointment was Walken, which they played near the end of the set. Nels' solo during Impossible Germany was a lot different than I've heard it before. It started out sort of how he played it on the Kicking Television album, but after that it went way off the recorded track which I thought was awesome. Great show, can't wait to see them in October!

Sounds like a great show, and two hours is a really long festival set. Even when they headlined Saturday night of Lolla last year, they only got an hour and a half. But why leave the stage and play the obligatory encore game when they can stick to it and get in at least one additional song with the time they save? You DID see an encore, there just wasn't an unnecessary break before it. :cheers

"Impossible Germany" isn't on Kicking Television. Perhaps you mean the Ashes of American Flags soundtrack?

According to the most recent post on the torrent page for this show, Country Disappeared is not one of the songs on the tape. There seems to be some problems with the song list/track list, so we shall see.

According to the most recent post on the torrent page for this show, Country Disappeared is not one of the songs on the tape. There seems to be some problems with the song list/track list, so we shall see.

I just listened to the recording and it was not there...I don't think they played it. Side with Seeds is the song they played after Handshake Drugs

I just listened to the recording and it was not there...I don't think they played it. Side with Seeds is the song they played after Handshake Drugs

Does this seem right to you? (I don't have the show downloaded yet.)

1. Price is Right Intro ->Wilco (The Song)

2. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

3. A Shot In The Arm

4. At Least That's What You Said

5. Bull Black Nova

6. You Are My Face

7. One Wing

8. Handshake Drugs

9. Side With The Seeds

10. Sonny Feeling

11. Jesus, Etc.

12. Impossible Germany

CD-2 (Set Continued)

1. Too Far Apart

2. Can’t Stand It

3. Misunderstood->Spiders (Kidsmoke)

4. Heavy Metal Drummer

5. Late Greats

6. Hate It Here

7. Walken

8. I’m the Man Who Loves You

9. Hoodoo Voodoo

"Impossible Germany" isn't on Kicking Television. Perhaps you mean the Ashes of American Flags soundtrack?

I just realized I had been listening to a different live show recording that for some reason I thought was Kicking TV... thanks for correcting me.

By the way, Detroit Lakes is in the great state of Minnesota, not Michigan. Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Lakes. 10,000 Lakes Festival. Get it?

You're right... I just listened to the torrent and I was thinking of Sonny Feeling before... good call.

Sounds like a great show, and two hours is a really long festival set. Even when they headlined Saturday night of Lolla last year, they only got an hour and a half. But why leave the stage and play the obligatory encore game when they can stick to it and get in at least one additional song with the time they save? You DID see an encore, there just wasn't an unnecessary break before it. :cheers

You're right, 2 hours is a long festival set... but Widespread Panic and Dave Matthews played 3 hours each on Friday and Saturday night. Granted Wilco doesn't play 19-minute noodle jams, but it would have been nice if they'd had some more time is all.

I just realized I had been listening to a different live show recording that for some reason I thought was Kicking TV... thanks for correcting me.

By the way, Detroit Lakes is in the great state of Minnesota, not Michigan. Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Lakes. 10,000 Lakes Festival. Get it?

You're right... I just listened to the torrent and I was thinking of Sonny Feeling before... good call.

I don't know if that was my fault, or what the torrent page had listed. Thanks for the correction.

Have to say that I was a little surprised to hear they played it at this fest, considering I didn't hear them soundcheck it once during the last run of shows. Not that I've heard every soundcheck, but most of the recent shows were outdoors so you could hear what they were soundchecking. It seemed a little weird to me that they would have debuted this song live at a fest without having run through it at least a couple of times first...

So I guess what I'm saying is I'm not surprised that this was a mistake by whoever posted the setlist (although Chris Riemenschneider -- isn't he the main Minneapolis Star Tribune music writer? -- ran a setlist with Country Disappeared on it on his blog so I guess that is a little surprising). :pirate

You're right, 2 hours is a long festival set... but Widespread Panic and Dave Matthews played 3 hours each on Friday and Saturday night. Granted Wilco doesn't play 19-minute noodle jams, but it would have been nice if they'd had some more time is all.

Damn, 3 hours? I bet it felt like five. :pirate

(I JEST!)

Yep, I'm totally with you: "It would [be] nice if they [had] more time." Always. :cheers

From postings and reviews, they've been killin' it, each and every show during this Spring/Summer tour. Of all the current Wilco tour AUD's I've checked out, this one sounds the BEST, imo. A real solid field recording that comes across with good presence and sound. Well done. Here's the torrent link. http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=527201

Source: Neumann U89i (Blumlien) > Apogee Mini-MP > R-09HR (24/48)