Jim O'Rourke The Visitor

I did a search and found little on the board about this new record. I'm listening for the first time and I gotta say,if you like Eureka, and Bad Timing, you'll definitely like this. Some very solid and engaging percussion (like we've come to expect) from Mr. Kotche here. Long overdue I say, way to go Jim.

I did a search and found little on the board about this new record. I'm listening for the first time and I gotta say,if you like Eureka, and Bad Timing, you'll definitely like this. Some very solid and engaging percussion (like we've come to expect) from Mr. Kotche here. Long overdue I say, way to go Jim.

Actually, Glenn isn't on this record. Jim played all the instruments. New York Times: Jim O'Rourke-Once Insider, Now Outsider, and Liking It

Glenn is listed on the sleeve under the reference, "without whom." Maybe he offered some percussive encouragement.

Beautiful album. Hasn't left my turntable since I bought it Thursday.

Jim Orourkes Fntasy music makes me wanna throw away all my nu-garage uprsingLps that came out this year, but hes only one man so PUNK will rise againg regardless!! Loose Fur should make a record in this vein

Is that your official review of the record?

--Mike

Actually, Glenn isn't on this record. Jim played all the instruments. New York Times: Jim O'Rourke-Once Insider, Now Outsider, and Liking It

Thanks for linking that. Good article, though I wish it was a flat out transcribed interview. I want to hear more about why his Drag City albums are physical copies-only, which I doubt simply reduces to a "stand" against compression (as if "The Visitor" is going to change the tide of music consumption).

In the New York Times article linked earlier, he says he's "taking a stand" against mp3 quality music...

Yes, and I'd like to read more about that subject. Because it interests me. As does that two other artists that I am quite fond of, on the same label, appear to be taking the same stand.

EDIT: Is Bill Callahan on Drag City too? Seesh! Make that 3 other artists.