I like the plate discipline.

Honestly, though. His baseball career is considered something of a joke, but if you think about how difficult a game it is, the fact that he even did what he did is a testament to what type of athlete he is. He hadn't played competitvely in like 13 years, right? And he just walked onto a fairly high level of play and hit .200. There are guys who can't do that who have played every day their entire lives.

Maybe there's something I'm missing, but I think if he had gone with baseball instead of basketball, he could have been a hell of a player.

The 30 steals are impressive, too. There is a skill to it, not just speed. If I remember right Jordan was playing very well by season's end. I believe all three of his homers came in the last month. And yeah, AA is a high level. Anybody else would be in low A at best. It would have interesting to see a 21-year-old Jordan playing centerfield.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan can eat a bowl of f and get genital warts in his stomach for all I care, but the man was the best that's ever been, so none can refute his smack-talk.

I won't argue with you, but I'll say this: I always HATED that fucker. Hated the NC Tar Heels, hated the Bullsalways and forever.

I won't argue with you, but I'll say this: I always HATED that fucker. Hated the NC Tar Heels, hated the Bullsalways and forever.

I feel the EXACT same way about Reggie Miller, though we know who generally got the best of that matchup, don't we :P

I feel the EXACT same way about Reggie Miller, though we know who generally got the best of that matchup, don't we :P

Dammit. That year the Bulls were "the best team ever" (72-10) we were the only team to beat them twice (2-2 during the season), and went to the last 2 minutes of game 7 in the playoffs. That was the BEST chance the Pacers ever had at winning the whole thing. I could not speak for days, I was so hoarse from screaming at the TV.

So yeah, I HATE that guy. :lol

Dammit. That year the Bulls were "the best team ever" (72-10) we were the only team to beat them twice (2-2 during the season), and went to the last 2 minutes of game 7 in the playoffs. That was the BEST chance the Pacers ever had at winning the whole thing. I could not speak for days, I was so hoarse from screaming at the TV.

So yeah, I HATE that guy. :lol

The 1995-96 Bulls (72-10) swept the Magic in the Eastern finals, the year the Pacers took them seven was 1997-98, Jordan's last year. A lot of those years run together a bit for me too, I could have sworn they beat the Jazz all three times in the second three-peat.

--Mike

I love Reggie Miller.

I don't, but I thought it was hilarious when he got into it with Spike Lee at the Garden.

Move along...nothing to see here.