Neil Young interview 1969

better than the 1985 interview in the early AIDS days when Neil said you wouldn't want some "faggot" bagging your potatoes and groceries

see "Neil Young Nation" by Kevin Chong, p. 171 (2005)

this makes me really sad.

better than the 1985 interview in the early AIDS days when Neil said you wouldn't want some "faggot" bagging your potatoes and groceries

People grow. People change.

I surely wouldn't want to be held to count for some of the things I said or felt 24 years ago.

trouble is, that faggot would probably be stealing the job from his spastic kid - so, maybe he has a point!

does anyone here actually care what neil young thinks beyond what he says on his good songs? it's not like he's jurisdiction over anyone.

Wow, neil never ceases to amaze. At times he seems so dame open minded and then he says shit like that. I remember reading some other harsh anti-gay comments in "shakey" but then he went and did the song for "Philadelphia" with the profits being donated to a gay mens health center, maybe he realized how wrong he was.