I got a 20% paycut today

Yep. Went to 32 hours a week. Grrr... :angry

To quote the company email because "we ran out of work".

Help, SuperObama! Help!

I guess friday means more of this :beer & this :music

Is that a bright side? I'm looking ...

Be thankful you still have a job. That's the bright side. I would have been happy if my employers offered me a paycut rather than just laid me off.

damn. too bad your living expenses couldn't be cut to match.

Yeah, tougher than it looks. To make financial ends meet, my wife is gonna have to work OT (an oddly double-edged sword: thankful that she is at a job where they beg her to do OT, but sad because I know she will get burned out. Besides, I was hoping she could start working only part time. Grrr....)

Hey -- if you live in the Tampa, Cleveland or Austin areas, PM me -- my company is doing some considerable hiring over the next few months. That is, if you don't mind the customer service phome rep thing. Good company, though.

Sorry, I am SoCal. Thanks anyway. I used to half-heartily freelance. Now I am going to whole-heartily freelance. Anyone need structural engineering services?

Be thankful you still have a job. That's the bright side. I would have been happy if my employers offered me a paycut rather than just laid me off.

Very true. In my grumpy short-sightedness, I did overlook this bright side. My company has shrank from 22 employees to 6 over the last couple of years. I am thankful I made those cuts.

Come on, economy. Let's get going already!

Many of us working are just waiting for something similar to happen.

True dat. Vibes, Anthony - hope it all works out for you real soon. :thumbup