Pat V Nels

haha I'm pretty sure he does it because it's just fun to do and it doesn't necessarily mean he possesses Rock God status, but the fact that he's just puttin' on a show. The only one that seems to not have fun is Nels, but hey, he's too busy hitting those notes, so I won't complain. I was entertained when they pulled this stunt at the show I went to on mothers day of last year in Austin. Seems to be another unique live stunt like Via Chicago and Misunderstood.

ha! I meant Nels and Pat!

:cheers

The Nels & Pat duel was part of the show at least as far back as the spring tour. I saw them do it on April 18 in Knoxville. There was some mention of it on here just prior to that, so it goes back at least that far. I'd never seen them do that on previous tours.

the dueling goes back to when they joined the band. jeff used to be in on it too, but now he just hangs back and plays the riff that wraps it up.

In that case, maybe I have seen them do it. Since they sell beer at concerts, I probably just forgot.

Were there ever any Jeff/Jay duels? Or with Leroy?