Monsters Of Folk

This was a damn good show! Lasted around 2.5 hrs. Highlights were Smokin From Shootin and the encore. His Master's Voice was an experience in sound! :worship The place was packed and the setlist massive with pretty much equal distribution of songs between the three. Thinking of going to Austin to see them at Stubbs. :dancing

Say Please

The Right Place

Vincent O'Brien

Paul's Song

Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)

Outta My Head

Wonderful (The Way I Feel)

Bermuda Highway

Look At You

Lime Tree

Man Named Truth

Whole Lotta Losin'

Golden

The Big Picture

We Are Nowhere

It's Now

Smoke Without Fire

Soul Singer In a Session Band

Baby Boomer

Slow Down Jo

Poison Cup

Sad Sad Song

Sandman, The Brakeman And Me

Temazcal

At The Bottom of Everything

Smokin' From Shootin'

Hit the Switch

Losin Yo Head

[Encore]

Map Of The World

At Dawn

To Save Me

Another Travelin' Song

His Master's Voice

Link to Pics

stooka i was there, too! damn, but "his master's voice" is a brilliant show ender. so stirring.

that mike mogis is fun to watch. everytime i looked to him he had a different instrument. :lol

"smokin" was a highlight for me as well. completely unexpected. by the end i was singing and hollering. it felt GREAT!

thanks for the setlist. i kept one, but it was full of blanks where the bright eyes songs should have been listed.

m. ward was brilliant all night long. "sandman" was gorgeous!

did you happen to see the girl climb over the rail after the show? twice? during "another travelling song" she yelled in my ear, "should i go over the rail?" i'm just glad she didn't try to go over during ...master's voice.

the encore was fantastic! (hey, just noticed that you missed "At Dawn." they played it between "Map" and "To Save Me"

i went to the show in los angeles last night. jim was throwing down some serious moves :yay

:cheers Wish I knew you were there! I'll post a link when I get some stuff on youtube.

smokin'

sandman

at the bottom

slow down jo

losing yo head

the big picture

an exerpt from Wonderful

set list adjusted

Did we earn that encore or what?

edit: I think I even have At Dawn video :blush

Did we earn that encore or what?

:banana

your "smokin" clip is terrific!! i just put an "on the phone" sign on my office door, closed it and spent a few minutes rocking out to your clip! :lol

• 2 weeks later...

at the halloween show in louisville, the band took a 20 min break before the encore and came back in full KISS regalia. one guess who was sporting the gene simmons wig! :yay :rock

there are a couple pix over on the mmj board.

This was priceless.

at the halloween show in louisville, the band took a 20 min break before the encore and came back in full KISS regalia. one guess who was sporting the gene simmons wig! :yay :rock

there are a couple pix over on the mmj board.

Left to right: Mike Mogis, Conor Oberst, M. Ward, Jim James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3-2DlyNy9M

So much fun all night long!!! Tons of wonderful, zany, and creative fan costumes too! My favorite was the guy who made a giant replica of the MoF album cover, but cut out Jim James' face so he could stick his own through. Brilliant! My second favorite was the guy who hand-painted a white suit and jacket with Graham Parson's Nudie Suit marijuana plant & pill motifs. :lol

Sounds like you guys got a pretty awesome Halloween show! I'm looking forward to seeing them on the East Coast this week. I know Will Johnson of Centro-matic is playing drums. Are there any other band members?

Sounds like you guys got a pretty awesome Halloween show! I'm looking forward to seeing them on the East Coast this week. I know Will Johnson of Centro-matic is playing drums. Are there any other band members?

Paul, the four you're aware of plus Will is all. He did get to do shared vocals on one track, and I think he played guitar at one point as well. There was an exhaustive amount of switching instruments as you might imagine. The show is a bit long and uneven in its flow in places, but everyone seems to be giving it their all and having a swell time. Have a good time.

yep! you seeing them at the beacon, paul?

nope, i can't make it to either of the shows in NYC (traveling to a wedding on nov. 6; springsteen at the garden ("the river" show!) on nov. 8) so i caught them last night at the orpheum in beantown. we didn't get any costumes, of course, but damn, they played a long time! a total of 36 songs over about 2 hours and 50 minutes.

loved that their intro music was william devaughn's "be thankful for what you got." and i agree with you, evonne, that "his master's voice" was a neat closer. not sure if this was possible at other shows, but the orpheum has one of those old-fashioned curtains that comes down from the rafters, so they started playing before the curtain came up and then at the end with "his master's voice," the curtain came down dramatically as the squalls of noise were still going. then they raised it one last time as all five guys stood together and took a broadway-style bow. then the curtain came down again. pretty cool, i thought.

also agree with greg that the pacing was a little weird at times, but all in all, it wasn't too bad. also we got "i will be there when you die" with jim and conor. woo! i'm not the biggest bright eyes fan, but i do like that one record, we are nowhere..., and they played a few off that.

anyway, here was the setlist for boston (i'm too lazy to start a new thread):

Whole Lotta Losin'

The Right Place

Soul Singer in a Session Band

Say Please

Slow Down Jo

Bermuda Highway [Jim James and Will Johnson]

Look At You [Jim James solo]

I Will Be There When You Die [Jim James and Conor Oberst]

Ahead of the Curve

Paul's Song

Man Named Truth

Kathy With A K's Song

Smoke Without Fire [Conor Oberst and M. Ward]

We Are Nowhere, and It's Now [Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis]

Lenders in the Temple [Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis]

Vincent O'Brien

Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)

Golden

Baby Boomer

Magic Marker

Lime Tree [Conor Oberst and Jim James]

Wonderful (The Way I Feel) [Jim James and M. Ward]

One Life Away [M. Ward and Jim James]

One Hundred Million Years [M. Ward solo]

Chinese Translation [M. Ward solo]

At Dawn

Goodway

Sandman, The Brakeman and Me

Map of the World

Smokin' From Shootin'

Hit The Switch

Losin Yo Head

----------------------

Bottom of Everything (We Must Sing)

To Save Me

Another Travelin' Song

His Master's Voice

Paul, not to hijack the thread or anything but I'm gonna need you to be on your best with the cliff notes after that Springsteen playing the full River show. Someone else around here is going the TWTITESS show. I would just about die to see either. That will be a treat for the ages.

I loved that Boston show, thanks for the set list. Were you in one of the uper balcony sections? We were in the lower orchestra, and it took Smokin from the Shooting to get people to stand! That was kinda lame, I blame the fact that inbetween every song there was a bit of delay while the stage went dark and guitar techs game out to swap out instruments. Either way it was a really fun show, I loved how they kept swapping out verses! Fun times

For anyone at these shows, how much will a woman's shirt cost? If they didn't have any woman's shirts, then how much are the men's shirts?

My friend has an extra ticket that he says I can have if I buy his girlfriend a shirt, as she's the one the ticket was for.

$30 bucks for shirt. They're a little cheaper here.

paul, they've been using a curtain at every theatre they play. i don't know if that might have been a requisite for venues...

reading over your setlist reminded me of how wonderful "brakeman" is live. :wub

stooka, i like your title edit. :lol