Montreal - Feb.27/2010

I got through Front Gate no problem to get tix for this show. It was my first time, so I don't know if these on sales are usually a big cluster@#%& or not. But I declined to buy them based on the Will Call only option. We'd be driving up from Rochester, NY, and you can't get a worse time of the year for weather, so I figure I'll wait to get hard tickets in hand that I could Fed Ex to someone a few days out if a storm is brewin'. Plus, having it be GA sort of took away some of the urgency to buy now.

I have a friend who used to live in Montreal. She said that the venue is great.

Do they actually take the seats out at this place? I kinda' doubt it. It's probably a GA show, just the first people in get the front row. Seems kinda' nutty to me, but that's my bet for how it goes down.

I have no idea what the Wilco configuration will be but they clearly can and do take out all the seats:

http://www.olympiademontreal.com/en/olympia/cabaret.php

This is an excellent venue -- yes, they do remove the seats for GA shows! It sounds a lot better than The Metropolis (which doesn't sound that bad) and is far this congested and stuffy if they don't over sell the show. Great location - easy access from the Metro and all things in downtown Montreal. Well worth the road trip for this show... The bands' last two shows at Metropolis were both excellent - they seem to enjoy the Montreal crowd very much.

That's great! I've only been to Montreal once so I have no clue where anything is, so it's good to hear there's stuff around the venue. Also I much prefer GA Wilco shows now, nice to get up real close.

Kalle:

If you can make a weekend of it -- you should. I love a Saturday night GA show! Montreal is an outstanding city with tons of great things to do and see. Even though the Canadian dollar and the US dollar are equal right now -- it's a very cheap time of year to stay in the city. You can a great room in a killer part of town for no more than $120 -- lots on the lower end as well.

Enjoy...

Does anyone one know if we can currently buy physical tickets at L'Olympia? I'm having trouble understanding how all these sales and pre-sales work...

You could only purchase "will call" tickets during the presale. You would have to pick those up at the box office the day of the show.

The public onsale is today at noon EST. You can't tell from the Admission.com site but I assume they will sell "physical" tickets. The Olympia website says tickets will be available there too so I would guess they are hard tickets too.