Andrew Bird Gezelligheid shows

Hi All,

Wondering what everybody makes of these shows:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/10/21/andrew-bird-announces-gezelligheid-performances/

I think it's especially interesting because it's so unpredictable. I've been kind of burned-out, recently, on the relative sameness of the shows I've been seeing (no offense intended! Maybe that says more about me than the shows). Even the good shows are good in the ways I expect, if you know what I mean. This Gezelligheid idea is something else again, and it reminds me of the pleasure of going to a show without any preconceived notions. Don't know if anybody else has been feeling that way, but if so, I thought this might be of interest....

Hi All,

Wondering what everybody makes of these shows:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/10/21/andrew-bird-announces-gezelligheid-performances/

I think it's especially interesting because it's so unpredictable. I've been kind of burned-out, recently, on the relative sameness of the shows I've been seeing (no offense intended! Maybe that says more about me than the shows). Even the good shows are good in the ways I expect, if you know what I mean. This Gezelligheid idea is something else again, and it reminds me of the pleasure of going to a show without any preconceived notions. Don't know if anybody else has been feeling that way, but if so, I thought this might be of interest....

I'll be going to the shows in Minneapolis. Should be very interesting.

I saw Andrew Bird in Buffalo on Wednesday. The show did not include his band. It was a great show. I was up front which may not have been the best spot as far as sound was concerned in that venue (an old church). Especially since a radio station was coming through something on stage, so whenever the show got quiet, there was a hint of pop music. It made it unique. An early version of Darkmatter was played as well as a new song. Great stuff!

When I heard he was touring nearby, the dates and cities didn't work at all for me to take a road trip, and so I sort of half-heartedly read about these special shows. The concept is very interesting. Leave it to Andrew Bird to bring something new to the table. Damn, wish I could swing it.

My favorite Tweedy solo show ever was performed in a chapel (Grand Rapids MI) and the respect generated by the chapel to the artist and to the audience conjured up a powerful experience and therefore much more moving and memorable for me.