At home watching the Celtics V Cavs on TNT and starting looking for this thread here. Alas, it doesn't exist. So, I had to go ahead and do the honors. My preseason Final 4 Lakers & Spurs in the west and Magic and Celtics in the east. Shaq is gonna fuck up the Cavs, no doubt about it. I'll take the Lakers to repeat.

Thanks for starting an NBA thread. I'm going to the Nuggets home opener tomorrow night. Pretty good predictions on your part although the thought of the Lakers repeating casts a pall over the season. The spurs will give them a run with Jefferson and if Genobli stays healthy. I don't see that the Nuggets have improved personnel wise since last year although it's time for Melo to give Lebron a run for his money. Magic look tough this season and the Celtics will be in it all the way. My head says Lakers - Celtics (please no!) but my heart says Spurs and Cavs.

I predict the Knicks will make a serious run at the No. 9 spot in the Eastern Conference, and that I will call for Dolan to be forced to sell the team prolly 20-30 times.

After the Celtics, Magic and Cavs, the east, as always is wide open, so yeah I'll bite, the Wizards may finish in a 5 or 6 slot come playoffs.

Former referee Tim Donaghy alleges officials sometimes gave star players like Lakers guard Kobe Bryant favorable calls.

Possibly the funniest sports quote I have seen in awhile.

Other thoughts:

When is Nene going to realize how big he is?

I think this is going to be Melo's breakout MVP year. He took over the 4th quarter against Portland last night.

Ty Lawson looks like the real deal already.

Wow, the Clippers are cursed. Blake Griffin hurt already.

no.gif Please, not another Lakers - Celtics end to the year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Bulls traded John Salmons and some second-round picks to the Bucks for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander(?).

Sad to see Salmons go. Don't know anything about Warrick. Never heard of Alexander.

There's also talk of Tyrus Thomas to the Bobcats for the expiring contracts of Acie Law and Flip Murray.

So, I believe the only way the Cavs don't win the title this year (especially now with Jamison) is if they shoot themselves in the foot. Granted, I think I said this last year, and look where I got.

the lakers are still stacked.

Sweet Cavs v. Nugs game tonight. LeBron was an animal. Nugs pulled it of in OT.

Followed by BOS/LAL. Nice back-to-backs....

Nuggets always play Cleveland tough, would be a great match up in the finals. Now if Amare Stoudamire ends up in Cleveland as rumored, they could be unstoppable.

It's Jamison there with the Cavs now. And he laid a giant egg his first game. Hope he gets his junk together, man.

He is a decent fit for the team but he has never scared me as a player. They are a better team with him, especially once they get Ilgauskas back.

• 1 month later...

From George Karls Blog:

We are sitting in one of his familiar rooms at the hospital getting fluids - and found out that he will be done with his treatments this Friday so we are very excited about the news. I asked him while we were sitting here what his thoughts are and he said he wants everybody to go have a party for him- we are still not sure what the future holds for the recovery process but he knows he doesn't have to get his face burnt everyday. We have some serious hurdles to overcome but we are looking forward to the challenge. Thanks for all the love and support it has been incredible.

Poor guy is going through some hell. And now the Nuggets are falling apart without him.

He is a decent fit for the team but he has never scared me as a player. They are a better team with him, especially once they get Ilgauskas back.

He's a good player, though, and he definitely fits (still working on consistently fitting, though). When Arenas went out for the Wiz and it was just Jamison, he always went ballistic (20+ppg, 7+ rpg) or something really good. He doesn't get to do that as often now on the Cavs, but better to win than to have good stats, right?

Sometimes I think Amare would not have worked out so well. Or maybe I'm trying to justify picking up Jamison over Stoudemire. :stunned