Mermaid Avenue Reissue

Step 1. Take both Volumes.

Step 2. Slap them together.

Step 3. Issue them both on 180-gram vinyl.

Step 4. Add a third disc of outtakes and b-sides: My Thirty Thousand, Bye-Eyed Jim, When the Roses Bloom Again, Ain't Gonna Grieve My Lord No More, Give Me a Nail, etc. Pad it out with alternate takes of several of the songs. Remaster, rinse, repeat.

Step 5. Include a sumptuous 80-page booklet with interview excerpts from Jeff, Billy, Nora, lots of stuff on Woody, photos of actual lyrics, etc. Especially be sure to include the hand-written Mountain Bed on fancy-shmancy paper in there, so we can all pretend we're actually looking at the real lyrics. :wub

Step 6. Include the Man in the Sand DVD plus bonus footage, if you are feeling charitable.

Easy, right? :dancing

Step 4. Add a third disc of outtakes and b-sides: My Thirty Thousand, Bye-Eyed Jim, When the Roses Bloom Again, Ain't Gonna Grieve My Lord No More, Give Me a Nail, etc. Pad it out with alternate takes of several of the songs. Remaster, rinse, repeat.

Step 5. Include a sumptuous 80-page booklet with interview excerpts from Jeff, Billy, Nora, lots of stuff on Woody, photos of actual lyrics, etc. Especially be sure to include the hand-written Mountain Bed on fancy-shmancy paper in there, so we can all pretend we're actually looking at the real lyrics. wub.gif

Step 6. Include the Man in the Sand DVD plus bonus footage, if you are feeling charitable.

Easy, right? dancing_geek.gif

I like it. thumbup.gif

The MA's are going to be classics...err, someday. unsure.gif Even with the Grammy nods they're both still vastly unappreciated records.

I was inspired by the fact that we've hit the 10th anniversary of the project (well, 11th for MA 1, 9th for MA 2), and there is still no vinyl for MA 2, and it seemed like a good thing to wish for. :cheers

I was inspired by the fact that we've hit the 10th anniversary of the project (well, 11th for MA 1, 9th for MA 2), and there is still no vinyl for MA 2, and it seemed like a good thing to wish for. cheers.gif

Definitely. I picked up MA1 on vinyl in '98 or '99, and in '00 I was dating a woman who lived in D.C., so on my second visit we saw the Guthrie exhibit at the Smithsonian (or was it the MONH, my memory sucks). My hope was that Guthrie fever would come back in vogue, it doesn't seem to have happened though...maybe these things come in cycles, dunno. The MA1 stuff was on display there too, among all the Woodybilia. Really enjoyed that day, we also by chance saw Peter Yarrow singing in the lobby at the Kennedy Center.

Step 5. Include a sumptuous 80-page booklet with interview excerpts from Jeff, Billy, Nora, lots of stuff on Woody, photos of actual lyrics, etc. Especially be sure to include the hand-written Mountain Bed on fancy-shmancy paper in there, so we can all pretend we're actually looking at the real lyrics. :wub

Easy, right? :dancing

You must be in marketing. I like it