Holy Wow. Did anyone go to this show? I dont even remember hearing about it

Jeff Tweedy

2009-03-28

Beacon High Auditorium (Clearwater's Annual Spring Splash)

Beacon, NY

1. Remember The Mountain Bed

2. New Madrid

3. Everlasting Everything

4. Solitaire

5. Jesus, Etc.

6. Hummingbird

7. The Ruling Class

8. Bob Dylan's 49th Beard

9. Passenger Side

10. Wilco (The Song)

11. Heavy Metal Drummer

12. Via Chicago

13. Airline To Heaven

14. I'm The Man Who Loves You

Encore 1:

15. Midnight Special (w/Pete Seeger on banjo and Tao Rodriguez-Seeger, grandson of Pete, on guitar and vocals)

16. Jacob's Ladder (w/Pete Seeger and Tao Rodriguez-Seeger on guitar and vocals)

Encore 2:

17. Someone Else's Song (played at edge of stage w/o PA system)

18. Acuff-Rose (played at edge of stage w/o PA system)

I should have gone, i live about half an hour away from Beacon. I wasn't a Wilco fan at this point, i hadn't ever even listened to one of their songs before i saw them at Bonnaroo this summer. Boy was i missing out. Looking back, i would have loved to be there though. Opening with Remember the Mountain Bed is a great fucking way to start a show.

A fantastic show! I was there. Jeff was on - I thought it was hilarious that he threw his harmonica during the intro to Via Chicago as it was the wrong one. Some nice banter. Just wish they had some beer/wine as it was a Saturday night and a long work week as I remember it. Good times though. My first Wilco related show!

My wife and I went as part of our honeymoon. Flew to NYC from Dallas, spent a few days in the city and then rented a car to see the show. We were front row and had a blast. Would have liked a little longer show but it was great. That was my first solo show. Wish there would have been a true gig poster and I have yet to find a recording. Let me know if anyone knows of a recording.