Fantasy Baseball 2010

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any drafting tips for a first time player? Should I load up on pitching or hitting? All I know is that Joe Nathan is going to be a sleeper this year :P

Load up on outfielders the first 5-7 rounds.

I am trying to break your bats is in.

Shouldn't that read "balls" instead of "bats?"

Load up on outfielders the first 5-7 rounds.

Shouldn't that read "balls" instead of "bats?"

I was thinking about loading up on Pirates and Royals, but OF sounds like a plan.

And if you will recall the Colbert/Wilco episode, the chyron during the open was "I Am Trying To Break Your Balls" which inspired the screen name.

I would say go by whoever is best available at that time. My friend got me to join his league with 8 of his engineering buddies at work. I ended up drafting 8th and I saw that Joe Mauer © wasn't snagged, so I grabbed him because he is one of the best catchers out there (obviously) and once someone grabs him there's slim pickens for an amazing catcher.

I'm very proud of my selections. My 2nd pick was Roy Halladay! I can't believe he didn't get picked! See on my draft the 10th pick also went again 11th etc. so I got to pick 13th.

My team Frank Drebin's Squad ( :ninja ) FWIW: (in draft order) (how about I use a spoiler so I don't use up all of the room on here?)

Joe Mauer ©

Roy Halladay

Adrian Gonzalez (1B)

Josh Beckett

Jonathan Papelbon

Fernando Rodney

Dan Uggla (2B)

Adam Dunn (1B, CI, OF)

Elvis Andrus (SS)

Ian Stewart (2B)

Nate McLouth (CF)

Carlos Beltran (OF)

John Lackey

AJ Burnett

Marco Scutaro (SS,MI)

JD Drew (OF)

Adam LaRoche (1B, CI)

Nick Swisher (1B,CI, OF)

James Loney (1B, CI)

Magglio Ordonez (OF)

Orlando Cabrera (SS, MI)

I'm assuming that the VC league is already formed and ready to roll so I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes by posting this.

A league I'm in is looking for at least one more player. Possibly several more.

It's a head-to-head yahoo league with an autodraft. You can edit your draft preferences ahead of time.

IIRC, the stats are HR, RBI, AVG, SB, R, ERA, W, WHIP, K, and Saves. PM me for the league ID and password.